Re: Pecteilis rawatii: my new orchid for science

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2010, 6:17:13 AM4/15/10
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Heartiest congradulations, Pankaj ji.
You will keep Indian flag flying high for a long time to come.

On 15 April 2010 15:24, Dr. Pankaj Kumar <pankaj...@rediffmail.com> wrote:
Hello all

Please find attached herewith my second (first is still in press) new
species of Orchid to science. I have named it as Pecteilis rawatii, in
the honor of Dr. G.S.Rawat, Professor/Scientist G, Department of
Habitat Ecology, WII.

The etymology in the articles says "Named after Prof. Dr. Gopal Singh
Rawat, Wildlife Institute of India (WII), who is one of the leading
phytotaxonomists and ecologists of India and a source of inspiration
for his students including the first author and colleagues."

The full citation of the species is:

Pecteilis rawatii P.Kumar & G.S.Rawat, Gardens' Bulletin Singapore, 61
(2): 335-341 (2010) Published in April 2010.

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D.
Plant Taxonomy (Orchidaceae)
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India
Phone no.: +919412368451

Residence:
J-110, Shyamali Colony
Doranda, Ranchi - 834002, Jharkhand, India

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2010, 6:17:41 AM4/15/10
to efloraofindia, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Heartiest congradulations, Pankaj ji.
You will keep Indian flag flying high for a long time to come.

019_PECTEILIS_RAWATII_GAR_BULL_SING.pdf

Pankaj Oudhia

Apr 15, 2010, 7:12:03 AM4/15/10
to efloraofindia
Congratulations.

Pankaj Oudhia

Prashant awale

Apr 15, 2010, 7:27:04 AM4/15/10
to J.M. Garg, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Congratulations Pankaj ji. Great efforts..
It will be nice to see this sp...
regards
Prashant

Satish Chile

Apr 15, 2010, 7:30:46 AM4/15/10
to Prashant awale, J.M. Garg, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Pankaj ji ,
I also on my behalf and on the behalf my all staff congratulate you. Keep it on.
Satish
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile