156 ID wild plant Commelina

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 24, 2021, 2:54:38 PM9/24/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 28.08.2021, 10.40am

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: creeping, branches, slender weak fleshy stem 3mm diameter, little hairy, annual

Height: upto 25cm

Leaves: alternate lengthy fleshy apex clustered at base size upto 20×02cm or less

Flower: racemose erect or slightly obliqued, 3 petals, diameter:15mm, violet, non fragrant

Fruit: capsule ovate green into brown, size:6×2mm

Seed: brown 5 nos., pear shaped size:1.5×1mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

156 Identify wild plant
20210828_103448.jpg
20210828_103753.jpg
20210828_103732.jpg
20210828_105107.jpg
20210828_103543.jpg
20210828_104003.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 24, 2021, 2:56:52 PM9/24/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210828_104443.jpg
20210828_104528.jpg
20210828_104131.jpg
20210828_104239.jpg
20210828_103831.jpg
20210828_104332.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 24, 2021, 2:58:49 PM9/24/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210830_164938.jpg
20210828_104655.jpg
20210828_104634.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 25, 2021, 1:50:30 AM9/25/21
to efloraindia
Murdannia gigantea (Vahl) G.Brückn. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 25, 2021, 5:26:11 AM9/25/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
It is more close to M. loriformis, dear Saroj ji, please check screenshot at efi.  With kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20210925-132113_Chrome.jpg

J.M. Garg

mayur nandikar

Oct 4, 2021, 3:00:08 AM10/4/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Need some habit pics to confirm its ID.

Mayur

mayur nandikar

Oct 5, 2021, 6:11:05 AM10/5/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you for the images, this has lateral flowering branches. So Murdnnia loriformis to me!

sincerely,
Mayur

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 3:27 PM Sam Kuzhalanattu <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am happy to share habit images, regards, Sam

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 5, 2021, 6:18:06 AM10/5/21
to mayur nandikar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you very much for the ID confirmation of my plant, dear Mayur ji, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Oct 11, 2021, 6:48:53 AM10/11/21
to efloraofindia

On Mon, 4 Oct 2021, 12:30 pm mayur nandikar, <mnan...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 11, 2021, 6:48:59 AM10/11/21
to efloraofindia
I am happy to share habit images, regards, Sam

On Mon, 4 Oct 2021, 12:30 pm mayur nandikar, <mnan...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg