Asteraceae sp.from Assam KD 02 April 2020

Karuna Das

Apr 29, 2020, 8:23:35 AM4/29/20
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

    Attached images are Asteraceae  sp. Please Id the plant.

Date : 29.04.2020
Location: Assam
Family : Asteraceae
Genus & species :  Blumaea (??)
Habitat: Grows wild on open shuny places of hilly area.
Habit : Herb

With regards
Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati 781012

1._Asteraceae_sp.__.jpg
2._Asteraceae_sp__.jpg
3.__Asteraceae_sp___.jpg
4.__Asteraceae_sp__.jpg
5.__Asteraceae_sp_.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 4, 2020, 4:43:32 AM5/4/20
to efloraofindia, Karuna Das
I think Blumea lacera (Burm.f.) DC. as per comparative images at Blumea

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

1._Asteraceae_sp.__.jpg
2._Asteraceae_sp__.jpg
3.__Asteraceae_sp___.jpg
4.__Asteraceae_sp__.jpg
5.__Asteraceae_sp_.jpg

Tsethup Tshering

May 4, 2020, 6:57:37 AM5/4/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Karuna Das

J.M. Garg

May 4, 2020, 7:06:20 AM5/4/20
to efloraofindia, Karuna Das
Thanks, Tsethup ji.
I think a little different from Blumea aromatic as per images and details herein.
I think Blumea lacera (Burm.f.) DC. as per comparative images at Blumea

kd_...@rediffmail.com

May 19, 2020, 10:22:50 AM5/19/20
to efloraofindia
I think this species is Conyza leucantha (D.Don) Ludlow & P.H.Raven.
With regards
Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati
Is this Blumea aromatic

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

J.M. Garg

May 24, 2020, 6:36:26 AM5/24/20
to efloraofindia, Tsethup Tshering, Karuna Das
Thanks, Karuna ji.
Yes, you are right as per images, details and references at Conyza leucantha

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/738a6650-830b-41c2-981d-2ddc5431387d%40googlegroups.com.