Plant Identification Request 20111007

Skip to the first unread message

Amar

07-Oct-2011, 1:59:45 pm07/10/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I clicked a pic of this plant with these very large leaves, with each leaf being at least 2 feet broad and 2.5 feet long. The height of the plant was well above 8 feet. The petiole was also quite thick. It was growing in IIT Bombay. Could you please let me know what plant it could be?

Thanks and regards,

Amar
DSCF2912.JPG

Vijayasankar

07-Oct-2011, 3:39:51 pm07/10/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This may be one of the cultivars of Alocasia macrorrhizos.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Giby Kuriakose

08-Oct-2011, 2:37:18 am08/10/11
to Vijayasankar, indian...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Vijay that this could be a cultivar of Alocasia macrorrhizos

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD