386 ID wild climber (?)

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 13, 2022, 12:59:19 PM11/13/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild climber (?). Specimen collected with in a moment while bus keeps side, with kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Santhanpara, Idukki Dist., Kerala

Altitude: 3000fsl

Flower date: 12NOV2022, 02.15pm

Habitat: wild moisture roadside

Plant habit: climbing (?), branches, branchlets, hard stem, rough silverish bark, perennial

Height:

Leaves: alternate, elliptic, acute, simple glossy, wavy margins, size upto:12×5cm

Flower: axillary panicle racemose, 05 petals, diameter:08mm, green, lite fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20221112145751_IMG_3746.JPG
20221112145800_IMG_3747.JPG
20221112145830_IMG_3749.JPG
20221112145742_IMG_3744.JPG
20221112150030_IMG_3756.JPG
20221112145912_IMG_3752.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 13, 2022, 1:01:57 PM11/13/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221112150100_IMG_3758.JPG
20221112150003_IMG_3754.JPG
20221112145926_IMG_3753.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 13, 2022, 1:04:12 PM11/13/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221112145904_IMG_3751.JPG
20221112145838_IMG_3750.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 13, 2022, 1:05:04 PM11/13/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20221112150016_IMG_3755.JPG

Mahadeswara

Nov 13, 2022, 10:54:09 PM11/13/22
to eFloraofIndia
Asclepiadaceaea :  Secamone species ???

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 13, 2022, 11:07:14 PM11/13/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Leaves alternate, so it may not be Apocynaceae !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mahadeswara

Nov 14, 2022, 6:31:27 AM11/14/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thanks Saroj i.  I overlooked the arrangement of leaves.
With Regards,

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2022, 6:55:29 AM11/14/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu, M Swamy
Which family is closer to apocynaceae?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2022, 7:07:39 AM11/14/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju, M Swamy, Sam Kuzhalanattu
But flowers look close to Apocynaceae only.
Is there any other option?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 14, 2022, 9:08:40 AM11/14/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Swamy
Thank you very much dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, and Mahadeswara ji for your restless searching for ID my plant and ID suggestions. This plant is growing in Kerala - Tamil Nadu border.  With kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2022, 4:49:25 AM11/15/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, M Swamy

20221112150016_IMG_3755 rs.JPG
20221112145830_IMG_3749 rs.JPG
20221112145800_IMG_3747 rs.JPG
20221112145751_IMG_3746 rs.JPG
20221112145904_IMG_3751 rs.JPG
20221112145838_IMG_3750 rs.JPG
20221112145926_IMG_3753 rs.JPG
20221112150003_IMG_3754 rs.JPG
20221112145912_IMG_3752 rs.JPG
20221112150100_IMG_3758 rs.JPG
20221112150030_IMG_3756 rs.JPG
20221112145742_IMG_3744 rs.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 15, 2022, 5:32:38 AM11/15/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Swamy
Thank you very much dear Garg ji for forwarding my request for ID, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 15, 2022, 9:42:16 AM11/15/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Wikipedia :

Leaves and stems[edit]

Leaves are simple. They may appear one at a time (singly) with each occurrence on alternating sides of the stem (alternate),[6] but usually occur in pairs (and rarely in whorls).[1] When paired, they occur on opposite sides of the stem (opposite), with each pair occurring at an angle rotated 90° to the pair below it (decussate).

There is no stipule (a small leaf-like structure at the base of the leaf stem), or stipules are small and sometimes fingerlike.[6]

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 15, 2022, 10:29:29 AM11/15/22
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Dear Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for providing the brief description.  The specimen branch is fully hanging downwards as same as to my last image before I collected it, so I think it is a climber.  With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 15, 2022, 10:35:07 AM11/15/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 15, 2022, 12:40:24 PM11/15/22
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Giby
Giby ji identified as Erythropalum scandens, thank you very much dear Giby ji,
With kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Nov 16, 2022, 2:29:39 AM11/16/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Giby
Yes, Great id.
Matches as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/28/erythropalum-scandens/
Thanks a lot, Giby ji.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 16, 2022, 2:32:23 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Giby
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, Mahadeswara ji, Giby ji, All Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Nov 16, 2022, 8:00:31 PM11/16/22
to efloraofindia
Initially I was rhink of it to be close to Tylophora appearance wise.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 19, 2022, 3:49:57 AM11/19/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Giby
Dear Garg ji,
Tylophora sp. have latex, but my plant haven't latex, I already checked, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Nov 19, 2022, 5:04:12 AM11/19/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia
Yes. I'd by Giby ji is correct.