Flora of Andaman7-281210-PKA2

Prashant awale

Dec 28, 2010, 12:32:33 PM12/28/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Came across this creeper at the Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island, Andaman & Nicobar.

Date/Time: 20-12-2010 / 11:45AM
Location: Radhanagar Beach, Havelock, Andaman & Nicobar
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Climber

regards
Prashant
IMG_2259.jpg
IMG_2261.jpg
IMG_2260.jpg
IMG_2252.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg
IMG_2253.jpg
IMG_2257.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Dec 30, 2010, 6:38:35 AM12/30/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Perhaps a  Crotalaria sp., most probably Crotalaria orixensis Willd. Dr. Almeida's flora mentions that C. orixensis is the only diffuse herbs amongst Crotalaria sp. which have trifoliate leaves.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

Dec 30, 2010, 10:10:36 AM12/30/10
to Rashida Atthar, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Crotalaria orixensis id quite possible
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

manudev madhavan

Dec 31, 2010, 1:10:40 AM12/31/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Its not Crotalaria...!!!
Crotalaria has a characteristic "inflated pod"
This could be some species of Vigna... I think
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Systematic & Floristic Lab,

Prashant awale

Jan 5, 2011, 9:40:37 AM1/5/11
to indiantreepix, Rasingam L., sivanth...@rediffmail.com, Pudji Widodo
Forwarding again for ID.

Earlier Feedback:

1. Rashida ji: Perhaps a  Crotalaria sp., most probably Crotalaria orixensis Willd. Dr. Almeida's flora mentions that C. orixensis is the only diffuse herbs amongst Crotalaria sp. which have trifoliate leaves.

2. Tanay ji: Crotalaria orixensis id quite possible,

3. Manudev Madhavan ji:
Its not Crotalaria...!!!
Crotalaria has a characteristic "inflated pod"
This could be some species of Vigna... I think.

Thanks
regards
Prashant
IMG_2259.jpg
IMG_2261.jpg
IMG_2260.jpg
IMG_2252.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg
IMG_2253.jpg
IMG_2257.jpg

Prashant awale

Jan 10, 2011, 1:06:02 AM1/10/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
This has been identified by Dr.K.Karthigeyan as "Vigna marina ".
regards
Prashant

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com> wrote:
IMG_2259.jpg

[...]