North Bengal flower ID Request 1 -25May09: SJ

Sushmita Jha

May 24, 2009, 11:48:07 PM5/24/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all,

while IDs are awaited for some flowers posted earlier, here are some more with a request for ID.

Thank you.
Sushmita Jha
Wildflower ID-north bengal, Oct08- 252.jpg

Tabish

May 25, 2009, 12:38:54 AM5/25/09
to indiantreepix
Elephant Foot (Elephantopus scaber)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Elephant%20Foot.html
- Tabish
>  Wildflower ID-north bengal, Oct08- 252.jpg
> 88KViewDownload

Sushmita Jha

May 25, 2009, 1:05:39 AM5/25/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Dear Tabish,
many thanks. What a heavy name for such a delicate flower! Is there a reason why its called Elephant foot?
Regards,
sushmita

Tabish

May 25, 2009, 1:11:01 AM5/25/09
to indiantreepix
I think the shape of the bracts just below the flowers, remind some
people of elephant's foot. To me it doesn't.
- Tabish

Sushmita Jha

May 25, 2009, 1:13:42 AM5/25/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Thanks for the explanation, Tabish.
sushmita

Madhuri Pejaver

May 25, 2009, 8:45:15 AM5/25/09
to indiantreepix, Sushmita Jha

very nice photo, it appears as if the flower is of glass
madhuri

> while IDs are awaited for some flowers posted earlier,
> here are some more with a request for ID.
>
> Thank you.
> Sushmita Jha

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com

Sushmita Jha