Mangrove-010410-PKA2

Prashant awale

Mar 31, 2010, 11:56:25 PM3/31/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Came across this Mangrove tree at the backwaters near Ganapatipule. The roots and fruits (Seed pods?) looks unique. Could this be Rhizophora mangle, i.e. Red mangrove plant ?

Botanical name:

Rhizophora sp??

Family:

Rhizophoraceae ?

Date/Time-

28-03-2010 /10:40 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Back water near Ganapatipule- Ratnagiri

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild (Mangrove Plant)

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Tree

Height/Length-

2 to 8

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

 Thick and looks like in whorl

 (Photograph enclosed)

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Not known

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Not known

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

 Elongated pod (around 30 cm llong). (Photograph enclosed).

regards
Prashant
IMG_6075.jpg
IMG_6075c.jpg
IMG_6072.jpg
IMG_6070.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 1, 2010, 12:49:51 AM4/1/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Dear Prashant ji,
I hope this plant is Rhizophora mucronata, very common around the place you are denoting.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

J.M. Garg

May 4, 2010, 8:36:30 AM5/4/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Prashant awale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I hope this plant is Rhizophora mucronata, very common around the place you are denoting.
Regards
Tanay"

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
IMG_6075.jpg
IMG_6075c.jpg
IMG_6072.jpg
IMG_6070.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 5, 2010, 12:38:49 AM5/5/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Prashant awale, LALIT KUMAR BANERJEE, Shrikant Ingalhalikar