Name of this flower pl?

Marianne de Nazareth

Aug 22, 2010, 5:41:02 AM8/22/10
to indiantreepix
Hi,

I have only just put down this vine in Hoskote in Bangalore and would love to know the name of it.

regds,

Marianne

--
Fellow with UNFCCC, UNEP & Robert Bosch Stiftung
Former Asst Editor- The Deccan Herald

Hoski flowersCIMG1534.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 22, 2010, 6:15:30 AM8/22/10
to Marianne de Nazareth, indiantreepix
Looks like Alamanda to me.
Pankaj

Dinesh Valke

Aug 22, 2010, 6:15:48 AM8/22/10
to Marianne de Nazareth, indiantreepix
... garden flora ... native of tropical South America ... Allamanda blanchetii (syn. A. violacea) ... commonly known as: cherry allamanda, purple allamanda, violet allamanda.

Please wait for comments.
Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 22, 2010, 7:10:51 AM8/22/10
to Dinesh Valke, Marianne de Nazareth, indiantreepix
Dinesh ji
You are right

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Marianne de Nazareth

Aug 22, 2010, 8:09:35 AM8/22/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix, Pankaj Kumar
Many thanks for the prompt reply!

They seem to be very popular all over Bangalore and no wonder as the flowers are beautiful and profuse.

regds,

Marianne

Farida Abraham

Aug 22, 2010, 10:02:13 AM8/22/10
to Marianne de Nazareth, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix, Pankaj Kumar
definite allamanda FA
--
Mrs. F. Abraham.
Principal,

mani nair

Aug 22, 2010, 10:29:38 AM8/22/10
to Farida Abraham, Marianne de Nazareth, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix, Pankaj Kumar
It can be trained to a tree.  Looks very beautiful when in flower.
Regards,
Mani.

tanay bose

Aug 22, 2010, 11:21:05 AM8/22/10
to mani nair, Farida Abraham, Marianne de Nazareth, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix, Pankaj Kumar
Allamanda blanchetii for sure I had both purple (violet) and yellow allamanda back at my home .
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Marianne de Nazareth

Aug 22, 2010, 11:31:13 AM8/22/10
to tanay bose, mani nair, Farida Abraham, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix, Pankaj Kumar
Many thanks to all.

Marianne