Amherstia nobilis

4 views
Skip to first unread message

Satish Phadke

unread,
Feb 28, 2011, 8:42:23 AM2/28/11
to indiantreepix
Amherstia nobilis
Rani bag Mumbai 27 Feb 2011.
Non native.
Family ; Caesalpiniaceae.
I could observe 3 trees in the premises. All were flowering profusely.
Dr Phadke
Amherstia_MG_0717.jpg
Amherstia nobilis_MG_0712.jpg
Amherstia_MG_0709.jpg
Amherstia_MG_0714.jpg

ajinkya gadave

unread,
Feb 28, 2011, 9:03:18 AM2/28/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
nice photos satish jee.

Pankaj Kumar

unread,
Feb 28, 2011, 9:06:22 AM2/28/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Beautiful pic.
Some one sometime back asked what pollinates this flower, I have seen
some illustrations of this flower with the purple sunbird many
times!!!
Pankaj


On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmp...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
***********************************************
"TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"


Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

unread,
Feb 28, 2011, 9:53:32 AM2/28/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Nice catch !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
           604-822-2019 (Lab)
           604-822-6089  (Fax)


Pardeshi S.

unread,
Feb 28, 2011, 11:48:34 PM2/28/11
to efloraofindia
two trees can be observed in Mumbai univeristy main building premises
and one at Prince of wales museum, Mumbai.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Feb 28, 7:53 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice catch !!
> Tanay
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Beautiful pic.
> > Some one sometime back asked what pollinates this flower, I have seen
> > some illustrations of this flower with the purple sunbird many
> > times!!!
> > Pankaj
>
> > On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Amherstia nobilis
> > > Rani bag Mumbai 27 Feb 2011.
> > > Non native.
> > > Family ; Caesalpiniaceae.
> > > I could observe 3 trees in the premises. All were flowering profusely.
> > > Dr Phadke
>
> > --
> > ***********************************************
> > "TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"
>
> > Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> > Research Associate
> > Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
> > Department of Habitat Ecology
> > Wildlife Institute of India
> > Post Box # 18
> > Dehradun - 248001, India
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*
> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/gradstud.htmlhttps://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/

Rashida Atthar

unread,
Mar 1, 2011, 1:17:53 AM3/1/11
to Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Nice pictures Satish ji. Hope you had a good visit and good haul of pictures from Rani baug during your visit! Just wanted to inform that Dr. Almeida during his walk informed us that the fruits of Amherstia at Rani baug are sterile ! Pollinator not known, not there in Mumbai perhaps.
 
regards,
Rashida,
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages