561 ID wild Orchid

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 26, 2024, 1:55:10 PMMay 26
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild Orchid, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Kerala INDIA

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 08JAN2023, 05pm

Habitat: wild moisture misty sloppy grassland alpine

Plant habit: epiphyte Orchid, obliquely unbranched, weak cylindrical fleshy pseudostem 01cm base diameter, perennial

Height: 15cm

Leaves: alternate elliptic acute simple flexible smooth fleshy, size upto: 06×3cm

Flower: terminally spike inflorescence, clustered, diameter:03cm, off white, non fragrant

Fruit: capsule green into brown ovoid ridges

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20230108170402_IMG_6473.JPG
20230108170202_IMG_6468.JPG
20230108170418_IMG_6474.JPG
20230108170620_IMG_6482.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 26, 2024, 1:57:55 PMMay 26
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230108170631_IMG_6483.JPG
20230108170648_IMG_6484.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

May 27, 2024, 5:09:12 AMMay 27
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Please check Dendrobium barbatulum Lindl. !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 28, 2024, 9:33:16 AMMay 28
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is Dendrobium barbatulum dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my Orchid, with kind regards, Sam

Saroj Kasaju

May 28, 2024, 10:56:51 AMMay 28
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 29, 2024, 6:02:00 AMMay 29
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

20230108170631_IMG_6483.JPG
20230108170648_IMG_6484.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 29, 2024, 6:02:09 AMMay 29
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Pankaj Kumar

May 29, 2024, 11:53:28 AMMay 29
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu
I would call this Dendrobium ovatum, but need to see complete plant.
Best regards
Pankaj

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 29, 2024, 12:07:47 PMMay 29
to Pankaj Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, it is more close to Dendrobium ovatum dear Pankaj ji, thank you very much for ID my Orchid, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jun 10, 2024, 2:52:37 AM (7 days ago) Jun 10
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Hi, Pankaj ji,
Here are more images.

Jun 11, 2024, 3:23:00 PM (6 days ago) Jun 11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu
I think this is Dendrobium ovatum.
Pankaj

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2024, 12:25:48 AM (5 days ago) Jun 12
to Pankaj Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Garg ji, Pankaj ji,
Thank you very much for forwarding my ID request and confirmation of my Orchid.
Kind regards, Sam.