Is it Cassia marginata?

shobha chavda

Mar 30, 2010, 9:17:30 AM3/30/10
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

Is it Cassia Marginata ?

Request for ID –  30032010SC1

Date / Time – 29 th March. 2010 / o3.00 pm.

Location – Place /Altitude / GPS – Versova,Mumbai

Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Urban

Plant Habit – Tree/Shrub / Climber /Herb – Tree

Height /Length – About 50-60 ft.

Leaves Type / Shape / Size –

Inflorescence Type /Size –

Flowers Size /Colour /Calyx – Yellowish Orange Corolla

Fruits Type /Shape /Size / Seeds –

Other Information like Fragrance,Pollinator,Uses etc –

Regards,

Shobha

Dinesh Valke

Mar 30, 2010, 12:22:33 PM3/30/10
to efloraofindia
Shobha ji had missed the attachments.

Regards.

Mar 30, 2010, 12:34:58 PM3/30/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Cassia grandis?

Regards--
Ken Greby.

Mar 31, 2010, 8:10:49 AM3/31/10
to efloraofindia
Initially I thought it is C.nodosa.The corolla is light orange.I m
sending a fresh attachment of a single flower fallen from tree for
confirmation again.( There is no scope to send additional attachment
in the same mail I suppose.)
Regards,
Shobha

On Mar 30, 9:48 pm, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>

Satish Phadke

Mar 31, 2010, 11:13:30 AM3/31/10
to shobha chavda, efloraofindia
Shobha ji
It is better to continue the same thread for the same plant as all of us are doing.
Just click on the down arrow next to reply option .....then click on "reply all" option.......You will see new compose mail format in the same thread. Here you can write your comments and opinions in relation to other members' comments. You can attach some more pictures by clicking on the attach file option below the To: and Cc: lines. This is helpful in future searching as whole of the discussion remains in the same thread. This is the adv of the group!!! If you have any more queries you are free to ask them.
Regards
Dr Phadke

J.M. Garg

May 2, 2010, 1:59:32 AM5/2/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, shobha chavda, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Kenneth Greby

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Cassia grandis?

Regards--
Ken Greby.”

“Yes I agree with Mr. Ken for C. grandis. Rgds, Shrikant”

“This plant can be  Cassia javanica subsp. renigera commonly known as  Burmese Pink Cassia .
Regards
Tanay  as per
the close-ups at another thread:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/907bd5b7ff36597c/b55cecc860714d88?lnk=gst&q=Additional+attachment+to+my+#b55cecc860714d88"
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Pardeshi S.

May 4, 2010, 1:41:26 AM5/4/10
to efloraofindia
Hello all
it is
Cassia grandis L.f., Suppl. 230, 1781; Cooke, Fl. Pres. Bombay 1: 554,
1958 (Repr.); Almeida, Fl. Mah. 2: 180, 1998; Singh et al, Fl. Mah.
St. 1: 798, 1996.
Synonyms: C. brasiliana Lamk., Encyclop. 1: 649, 1788.
Common names: Horse cassia, Pink shower.

observe the leaves they are pubescent which is characteristic of C.
grandis.
leaflets opposite, 8-20 pairs, oblong, obtuse or rounded, base round,
margin entire or minutely toothed, ciliate, 2.5-4.5 x 1.2-2 cm,
velvety tomentose on both surface, at length subglabrous above; very
young leaves and terminal leaflets with coppery tinge; rachis without
glands

Regards
Satish Pardeshi
CDAC, PUNE

On May 2, 10:59 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise pl.
>
> Earlier relevant feedback:
>
> *“Cassia grandis?*
>
> Regards--
> Ken Greby.”
>
> “Yes I agree with Mr. Ken for *C.* *grandis*. Rgds, Shrikant”
>
> “This plant can be  *Cassia javanica subsp. renigera* commonly known as
> Burmese Pink Cassia .
> Regards
> Tanay  as per the close-ups at another thread:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/9...
> "

shobha chavda

May 5, 2010, 7:10:55 AM5/5/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Kenneth Greby
I m attaching one more photo of a single flower fallen from the tree.This colour is distinctly orangish,while C.javanica subsp.renigera's image which I saw on web is pink.Not still convinced.Can there be so much colour variation ?
Regards,
Shobha
Solitary flower of Casia grandis.jpg