Alpinia‎‎ page with comparative images

4 views
Skip to first unread message

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 26, 2022, 12:37:30 AMSep 26
to efloraofindia

Dear members,           

Pl. go through Alpinia‎‎ (Zingiberaceae) page with comparative images of species in efloraofindia. On clicking the link of species, one can check the complete details. Genus pages generally give details of most of the species found in India.

I request you to pl. go through & point out mistakes, if any. I hope this will aid in identification in the future. If anybody can send images of other species of this genus (for incorporation in the website), if any, or can identify unidentified images, it will be really nice. Pl. circulate it widely for the benefit of all concerned.
Most of the credit for identifications goes to Dr. M.Sabu.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 26, 2022, 2:54:39 AMSep 26
to efloraofindia


--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep, 2022, 11:25 am
Subject: Re: [itpmods:17550] Fwd: Alpinia‎‎ page with comparative images
To: itpmods <itp...@googlegroups.com>


Hi Garg ji,
This page is excellent!
I have 2-3 images of Alpinia manii. Do you want to include that? Please let me know.
With regards,
Tapas

On Mon, 26 Sep 2022, 10:07 J.M. Garg, <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CA%2BiuSFDUHoe5efceKN6ekAy5jC8_MDyGNc5Qw1ObeRWj3O-VgA%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CAKFjQVTW8V9MmrPjxf1AeXXk5GfxrBrwqGtL%3DWUtYNkK66XMgQ%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 26, 2022, 2:54:46 AMSep 26
to efloraofindia


--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep, 2022, 12:24 pm
Subject: Re: [itpmods:17550] Fwd: Alpinia‎‎ page with comparative images
To: itpmods <itp...@googlegroups.com>


Thanks, Tapas ji.
Yes, certainly.
Pl. send.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg
On Mon, 26 Sep, 2022, 11:25 am Tapas Chakrabarty, <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Garg ji,
This page is excellent!
I have 2-3 images of Alpinia manii. Do you want to include that? Please let me know.
With regards,
Tapas

On Mon, 26 Sep 2022, 10:07 J.M. Garg, <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sept 2022 at 10:07
Subject: Alpinia‎‎ page with comparative images
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>




--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CA%2BiuSFDUHoe5efceKN6ekAy5jC8_MDyGNc5Qw1ObeRWj3O-VgA%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 26, 2022, 12:02:59 PMSep 26
to efloraofindia


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sept 2022 at 20:57
Subject: Re: [itpmods:17552] Fwd: Alpinia‎‎ page with comparative images
To: <itp...@googlegroups.com>


Dear Garg ji,
Here are three images of Alpinia manii Baker which were shot by Dr. M. C. Naik from Andaman Islands from an inland forest floor. It is quite common there. As recorded in literature, this plant is popular among the aborigine tribes of the Islands for its bee repellent properties and frequently used during gathering of honey.
With regards,
Tapas.

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 12:24 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Tapas ji.
Yes, certainly.
Pl. send.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Mon, 26 Sep, 2022, 11:25 am Tapas Chakrabarty, <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Garg ji,
This page is excellent!
I have 2-3 images of Alpinia manii. Do you want to include that? Please let me know.
With regards,
Tapas

On Mon, 26 Sep 2022, 10:07 J.M. Garg, <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sept 2022 at 10:07
Subject: Alpinia‎‎ page with comparative images
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>




--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CA%2BiuSFDUHoe5efceKN6ekAy5jC8_MDyGNc5Qw1ObeRWj3O-VgA%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CAKFjQVTW8V9MmrPjxf1AeXXk5GfxrBrwqGtL%3DWUtYNkK66XMgQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.
Alpinia manii - 1.JPG
Alpinia manii - 2.JPG
Alpinia manii - 3.JPG

Mahadeswara

unread,
Sep 26, 2022, 11:49:10 PMSep 26
to eFloraofIndia
Superb  compilation.

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 27, 2022, 12:31:06 AMSep 27
to efloraofindia


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ritesh Kumar Choudhary <rites...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sept 2022 at 09:25
Subject: Re: [itpmods:17554] Fwd: Alpinia‎‎ page with comparative images
To: <itp...@googlegroups.com>


Thanks for showing this plant to us, Tapas sir!
Regards,
Ritesh

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 27, 2022, 9:08:49 AMSep 27
to efloraofindia


--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur <aniltha...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep, 2022, 6:00 pm
Subject: Re: [itpmods:17561] Fwd: Alpinia‎‎ page with comparative images
To: itpmods <itp...@googlegroups.com>


Thank you, Sir 
Regards 

On Mon, 26 Sept 2022, 8:57 pm Tapas Chakrabarty, <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Garg ji,
Here are three images of Alpinia manii Baker which were shot by Dr. M. C. Naik from Andaman Islands from an inland forest floor. It is quite common there. As recorded in literature, this plant is popular among the aborigine tribes of the Islands for its bee repellent properties and frequently used during gathering of honey.
With regards,
Tapas.

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 12:24 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Tapas ji.
Yes, certainly.
Pl. send.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg
On Mon, 26 Sep, 2022, 11:25 am Tapas Chakrabarty, <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Garg ji,
This page is excellent!
I have 2-3 images of Alpinia manii. Do you want to include that? Please let me know.
With regards,
Tapas

On Mon, 26 Sep 2022, 10:07 J.M. Garg, <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sept 2022 at 10:07


--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ITPmods" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to itpmods+u...@googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages