PLANT FOR ID 154 SMP OCT 2009

Satish Phadke

Oct 30, 2009, 8:54:41 AM10/30/09
to indiantreepix Indian
I spotted this plant today(30 oct 2009) in Pune growing wild in an open area(Empty plot) in the city.
Requesting for ID
Satish Phadke
DSCN2972s.jpg
DSCN2973s.jpg

Nayan Singh

Oct 30, 2009, 10:51:04 AM10/30/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Cullen corylfolia (Psoralia corylifolia) from Fabaceae
thanks
nayan
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Oct 30, 2009, 11:18:29 AM10/30/09
to Nayan Singh, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Correct spelling is
Cullen corylifolia (syn. Psoralea corylifolia) from Fabaceae
If you can include pics of red glands and nigro-punctate leaves and
pods (all major characteristics for id)- the database will have
complete set of pics for this species. Lovely clear photo BTW.
Aparna
--
Dr. Aparna Watve
Dr. Aparna Watve

Satish Phadke

Oct 31, 2009, 1:26:10 AM10/31/09
to Aparna Watve, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
The plant is accessible to me. Will you please let me know where to look for the red glands....
I have clicked the leaf to visualize the black spots but somehow I am not able to visualize them.
Satish

2009/10/30 Aparna Watve <aparna...@gmail.com>
Cullen 1.jpg

Swagat

Nov 3, 2009, 1:02:58 AM11/3/09
to Satish Phadke, Aparna Watve, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Cullen corylifolia' is called 'Bavachi' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Swagat

Nov 3, 2009, 1:03:44 AM11/3/09
to Satish Phadke, Aparna Watve, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Cullen corylifolia' is called 'Bavachi' 'बावची' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat

2009/11/3 Swagat <swaga...@gmail.com>

Satish Phadke

Nov 3, 2009, 9:55:59 AM11/3/09
to Aparna Watve, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Cullen corylifolia
I had another look at the plants today and captured some close images of the stem and leaves. Attaching some pictures of them as well as the fruits and seeds.
I can't see any glands clearly
Satish Phadke

2009/10/30 Aparna Watve <aparna...@gmail.com>
Cullen 2.jpg
Cullen 3.jpg
Cullen 4.jpg
Cullen 5.jpg
Cullen 6.jpg

Aparna Watve

Nov 3, 2009, 10:07:44 AM11/3/09
to Satish Phadke, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Lovely pics to complete portfolio of this species. I dont know whether the gland character from flora is wrong or variable
aparna

Aparna Watve

Nov 3, 2009, 10:08:24 AM11/3/09
to Satish Phadke, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Lovely pics to complete portfolio of this species. I dont know whether the gland characters from flora are wrong or variable
aparna

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 3, 2009, 11:21:21 AM11/3/09
to Satish Phadke, Aparna Watve, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
I am happy to observe that now members are concentrating on other parts of plant, which is so helpful in identification. Earlier I would find only top shots of the flower.

 The group is really growing and progressing.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi