Hibiscus for Id 301009MK

J.M. Garg

Oct 30, 2009, 9:43:47 AM10/30/09
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
Posting from Muthu Kartick ji (posting seperately to avoid any confusion):
"Dear sir,
I got this species from the Satyanmangalam forests of Eastern Ghats. Alt: 1100M msl
Any one know this Malvaceae member?"
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Hibiscus1.JPG
Hibiscus sp3.JPG

Vijayasankar Raman

Nov 4, 2009, 1:28:05 AM11/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
Dear Muthu Kartick,

Pl. check it for Decaschistia crotonifolia.

We surveyed the Sathyamangalam forests last year too! Any interesting plants you got?

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Muthu Karthick

Nov 5, 2009, 6:43:39 AM11/5/09
to Vijayasankar Raman, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear sir,
Much thanks for the id. I have some more interesting plant that I would share with you later.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Muthu Karthick

Nov 6, 2009, 1:07:37 AM11/6/09
to Vijayasankar Raman, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
I would be happier to know this species, please help.

Taken from Satyamangalam of Eastern Ghats; altitude of 1100M. I have also seen them in plains.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Vijayasankar Raman <vijay.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
IMG_8194.JPG
IMG_8195.JPG

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 6, 2009, 4:46:35 AM11/6/09
to Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear Muthu

This is Vicoa indica, pl check for the correct name

Santhosh

2009/11/6 Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com>
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Muthu Karthick

Nov 6, 2009, 6:43:12 AM11/6/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Much thanks for identifying sir.