Identification of this TREE

PERIKALI

Sep 11, 2013, 7:26:31 AM9/11/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sisters and Brothers of the EFLORAOFINDIA family,

Trust all is well and the bloom as perfect as can be!

Could you help me with identifying this tree? The tree is about 25' high and looks to be under 5 years old.
I first thought it was Ailanthus excelsa but on closer inspection the leaf shape didnt match
Melia azaderach.. leaf shape does not match.
Gliricidia sepium... leaf shape does not match.
Toona ciliata... bark is very different.
Melia dubia... leaf shape???
Could it be Chukrasia tabularis?

Best wishes to all!

Harihara
2013-09-11-964.jpg
2013-09-11-962.jpg
2013-09-11-963.jpg
2013-09-11-965.jpg

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Sep 11, 2013, 9:58:29 AM9/11/13
to PERIKALI, indiantreepix
Lannea coromandelica

SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar MSc, PhD, FIAT, FLS (on leave for 2 years)
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Presently working for the British Aerospace, Riyadh, KSA
NB: Please consider your environmental responsibility! Ask yourself before printing this email !!!