Nature's little umbrella #2 | 01May2011AR02

raghu ananth

May 2, 2011, 9:21:15 AM5/2/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Colorful litte umbrellas dot our farm trails. Only these are provided by nature.

Not an Agaricus. This is an inedible kind,
 the scale patterns on the pileus indicates this mushroom to belong to one of the Amanitas .. ? relates to Amanita muscaria?
 here again the annual ring patterns on the stipe is questionable.

Pileus Diameter, Shape color, heigth: 9-10cms, Convex, White, ~10cms
Stipe tapers slightly towards the top.
Annual ring: Present
Fruit body: Amanita
Gills: White

Chandagal Village
Areca coconut farm

Regards
Raghu
5a. DSC_9385.jpg
5a. DSC_9385a.jpg
5a. DSC_9385b.jpg
5b. DSC_9384c.jpg
5c. DSC_9387.jpg
5g. DSC_9392.jpg
DSC_9393a.jpg
DSC_9396.jpg

tanay bose

May 2, 2011, 10:25:26 AM5/2/11
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Amanita citrina most probably
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Satish Chile

May 2, 2011, 12:33:35 PM5/2/11
to tanay bose, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Tanay ji. It looks like Amanita citrina. Its pileus
warted growth much similar to the A.citrina. But as a matter of fact
on the basis of photographs only it becomes difficult to identify
fungal specimens.

--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2011, 2:53:06 AM8/15/11
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, tanay...@gmail.com, ikse...@gmail.com, chile...@gmail.com, mitra...@gmail.com, anuja....@gmail.com, nabha-...@gmx.de

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Amanita citrina most probably
Tanay”

“I agree with Tanay ji. It looks like Amanita citrina. Its pileus

warted growth much similar to the A.citrina. But as a matter of fact
on the basis of photographs only it becomes difficult to identify

fungal specimens.”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

5a. DSC_9385.jpg
5a. DSC_9385a.jpg
5a. DSC_9385b.jpg
5b. DSC_9384c.jpg
5c. DSC_9387.jpg
5g. DSC_9392.jpg
DSC_9393a.jpg
DSC_9396.jpg

JM Garg

Mar 10, 2019, 5:37:06 AM3/10/19
to efloraofindia
5a. DSC_9385.jpg
5a. DSC_9385a.jpg
5a. DSC_9385b.jpg
5b. DSC_9384c.jpg
5c. DSC_9387.jpg
5g. DSC_9392.jpg
DSC_9393a.jpg
DSC_9396.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2019, 5:40:13 AM3/10/19
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, tanay bose, Satish Chile
To me appears more close to images at Macrolepiota procera rather than those of Amanita citrina at

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

5a. DSC_9385.jpg
5a. DSC_9385a.jpg
5a. DSC_9385b.jpg
5b. DSC_9384c.jpg
5c. DSC_9387.jpg
5g. DSC_9392.jpg
DSC_9393a.jpg
DSC_9396.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2019, 5:41:28 AM3/10/19
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth
To me appears more close to images at Macrolepiota procera rather than those of Amanita citrina at
Mar 11, 2019, 7:20:35 AM3/11/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, raghu ananth

Geht in Richtung Macrolepiota oder Chlorophyllum.   so my friend

J.M. Garg

Mar 12, 2019, 11:36:28 PM3/12/19
to nabha meghani, efloraofindia, raghu ananth
Thanks, Nabha ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg