PLANT FOR ID 122 SMP JUN 09 Spiti

satish phadke

Aug 4, 2009, 1:05:48 PM8/4/09
to indiantreepix Indian
For ID
Himalayan flower Jun 2009
A small herb with white flowers near Kibber Spiti valley HP
Dr Satish Phadke
--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
122 DSCN1234s.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2009, 3:31:23 AM8/17/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id assistance pl

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

122 DSCN1234s.jpg
122 DSCN1421s.jpg
122 DSCN1416s.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 17, 2009, 8:54:28 AM8/17/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Most probably Christolea crassifolia

Gurcharan Singh

J.M. Garg

Aug 29, 2009, 5:45:38 AM8/29/09
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix, satish phadke
Hi, Singh ji,
I am confused here with Desideria himalayensis as per
http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=44488&flora_id=2
Pl. clarify.

Other inf. collected for Christolea crassifolia:
Christolea crassifolia (C. afghanica, C. crassifolia var. pamirica, C. incisa, C. pamirica, Koelzia afghanica) ? Brassicaceae  H Christolea crassifolia in Flora of Pakistan @ efloras.org Christolea crassifolia information from NPGS/GRIN http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=11915&flora_id=2

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 29, 2009, 7:09:44 AM8/29/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, satish phadke
Flowers are white with purple base in Christolea crassifolia (as in our specimen), they are purple or lilac with yellow centre in Desideria himalayensis (Syn: Ermania himalayensis Flora Himalaya; Christolea himalayensis Eflora Pakistan). Plants of former usually more than 15 cm long, fruit broader (3-4 mm), glabrous; in latter shorter than 15 cm, fruit 2-2.5 mm broad, hairy.

Satish Phadke may be able to throw some light on plant. It is very precious catch. I was trying to find Email of E-Shahbaz (who described it under new genus) to know his opinion also.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi