Plant for ID : 7 Dec 2022 : Nandi Hills, Bangalore

Nancy Seby

Dec 7, 2022, 12:26:15 AM12/7/22
to eFloraofIndia
Hi,

Please help ID this plant. Photographed on one of the small hills near Nandi hills, Bangalore.

Thank you and warm Regards

Nancy Seby
4.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 7, 2022, 12:52:38 AM12/7/22
to efloraofindia
Tephrosia?

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mahadeswara

Dec 7, 2022, 7:09:25 AM12/7/22
to eFloraofIndia
Flowers are not seen clearly. Send a closeup of the flower(s) showing the parts clearly.

Nancy Seby

Dec 7, 2022, 11:24:59 PM12/7/22
to eFloraofIndia
Sorry, I don't have a close-up of the flowers. Will try when I go there next time.
Plant for ID7.jpg
Plant for ID6.jpg
Plant for ID5.jpg

M Swamy

Dec 7, 2022, 11:32:45 PM12/7/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
O.k.

J.M. Garg

Dec 12, 2022, 5:36:11 AM12/12/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nancy Seby, M Swamy
To me appears close to images at Tephrosia uniflora subsp. petrosa (Blatt. & Hallb.) J.B.Gillett & Ali
Hairy young pods are creating some doubt. Maybe they become less hairy on maturity.
Flora of Pakistan says:  Fruit c. 3.8-4.8 cm long, c. 4-4.5 mm broad, appressed pubescent, 7-8-seeded.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

ashutoshsharma11sn

Dec 13, 2022, 1:56:21 AM12/13/22
to eFloraofIndia
This is Indigofera mysorensis Rottler ex DC. (Fabaceae), a common shrub around hills of Bengaluru.

Thanks and regards
Ashutosh Sharma

Ashutosh Sharma

Dec 13, 2022, 2:22:38 AM12/13/22
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
I just realised this species (Indigofera mysorensis) is poorly represented on our website with no clear images for comparison. So I will share my detailed high quality images by tomorrow morning.

Thanks and regards
Ashutosh Sharma
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eFloraofIndia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/d65bb23b-1413-4f37-b787-3be19383565cn%40googlegroups.com.

J.M. Garg

Dec 13, 2022, 7:51:28 PM12/13/22
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Nancy Seby
Thanks a lot, Ashutosh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Nancy Seby

Dec 13, 2022, 9:21:59 PM12/13/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thank you very much, Mr. Ashutosh, Mr. Garg, and Mr. Mahadeswara.

Mr. Ashutosh, that sounds perfect! I will also try to get more pictures when I go to Nandi hills.

Thank you and warm regards