Fwd: THISTLE FLOWER

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2011, 12:47:36 AM3/25/11
to efloraofindia, Col Bimal Sarkar
Forwarding pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Col Bimal Sarkar <colbima...@yahoo.com>
Date: 24 March 2011 19:35
Subject: THISTLE FLOWER

Dear Friend,
            If you were a student of science,you are likely to remember your chemistry lab,after seeing the images I am attaching.A paticular type of funnel was created by man to perform certain experiment and it was named as Thisthle funnel as the funnel resembles the shape of a flower called Thistle.There are interesting stories about this flower in the history of Scotland.Wish you happiness.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1550 members & 64,000 messages on 28/2/11 & with a database of around 4500 species on 15/12/10)

Free Lunch 4.jpg
Free Lunch 5.jpg
Free Lunch 6.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Mar 25, 2011, 1:34:21 AM3/25/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Col Bimal Sarkar
... some species of Tricholepis.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Mar 25, 2011, 1:37:43 AM3/25/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Col Bimal Sarkar
... the plant in first picture: Free Lunch 4.jpg is different ... species of Leucas.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

            If you were a student of science,you are likely to remember your chemistry lab,after seeing the images I am attaching.A paticular type of funnel was created by man to perform certain experiment and it was named as Thisthle funnel as the funnel resembles the shape of a flower called Thistle.There are interesting stories about this flower in the history of Scotland.Wish you happiness.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

Free Lunch 4.jpg
Free Lunch 5.jpg
Free Lunch 6.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2011, 10:58:04 PM7/3/11
to efloraofindia, rajde...@gmail.com, sud.g...@gmail.com, Col Bimal Sarkar, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh
A reply:
"Thistle is the common name of a genus Tricholepis.I am not sure about the species.Thanks.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar"