Picture of the Year 2009 Bauhinia roxburghiana-by Gurcharan Singh

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 25, 2009, 1:33:18 PM12/25/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I consider this Bauhinia roxburghiana as my picture of the year for two reasons:
First the tree is very rare in our area
Second the flowers from a distance look very insignificant, perhaps ugliest in the genus, but only after taking a close up view of the flower I realised that it has one of the best architecture in the genus. My friends don't believe me when I tell them that flower is less than one inch in diameter.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Bauhinia-roxburghiana-DU-3.jpg