ID Confirmation: Argyreia strigosa?

Jayesh Patil

Aug 29, 2010, 2:35:26 AM8/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Seeking confirmation of the plant in the attached photo.
Possibly Argyreia strigosa? The photo was taken on 28 August 2010 on a slope in between Neral and Jummapatti on the way to Matheran.

Any help is appreciated :)

- Jayesh

Argyreia.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 10, 2010, 2:19:53 AM10/10/10
to efloraofindia, Jayesh Patil, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, Neil Soares

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1400 members & 49,500 messages on 5/10/10 & with a database of around 4050 species on 21/8/10)

Argyreia.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 27, 2010, 8:19:36 PM10/27/10
to efloraofindia, jaye...@gmail.com, Tabish, Neil Soares
resurfacing again for ID confirmation

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Oct 28, 2010, 9:57:28 AM10/28/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, jaye...@gmail.com, Tabish, Neil Soares
Yes, Argyreia strigosa.
Enclosing one of the photograph from CBD Hills, Navi Mumbai.

regards
Prashant
Argyreia strigosa13.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 28, 2010, 10:56:02 AM10/28/10
to Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, jaye...@gmail.com, Tabish, Neil Soares
Argyreia strigosa
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Neil Soares

Oct 28, 2010, 1:05:37 PM10/28/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, efloraofindia, jaye...@gmail.com, Tabish
Hi,
 My photographs of Argyreia strigosa now called Argyreia capitiformis. The photographs were taken at Shahapur.
                          Regards,
                            Neil Soares.

--- On Thu, 10/28/10, Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Argyreia capitiformis, A. strigosa, Sambar-vel, Dudh-vel 1.jpg
Argyreia capitiformis, A. strigosa, Sambar-vel, Dudh-vel 2.jpg
Argyreia capitiformis, A. strigosa, Sambar-vel, Dudh-vel 3.jpg