Barleria longiflora-301209PKA1

Prashant awale

Dec 30, 2009, 11:19:45 AM12/30/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Came across this Shrub near Aurangabad caves (25-12-09).
Shrikant Ingalhalikar ji has provided the ID for this.

Bot.name: Barleria longiflora
Family: Acanthaceae

Thanks & best wishes
Prashant

Barleria longiflora-ITP-1.jpg
Barleria Longiflora-ITP2.jpg

Swagat

Dec 30, 2009, 11:25:32 AM12/30/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Barleria longiflora' is called 'Lamb Koranti' 'लांब कोरांटी' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Suraj Patil

Oct 23, 2020, 2:04:09 AM10/23/20
to efloraofindia
Respected all,

Actually, the photographs clicked from  Maharashtra (Aurangabad caves, Gautala autrum Wildlife sanctaury, Jalgaon) are of B. lavaniana ,  recently published paper "A new species of Barleria (Acanthaceae), its morphotaxonomy, cytogenetics and phylogenetic placement". Please go through it and you will make the differences. Plants that have been collected from TamilNadu are of B. longiflora which we are not able to locate in Maharashtra.

Kindly regards,
Suraj S. Patil

JM Garg

Oct 23, 2020, 2:06:46 AM10/23/20
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale
Barleria longiflora-ITP-1.jpg
Barleria Longiflora-ITP2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2020, 2:07:42 AM10/23/20
to efloraofindia, surajpa...@gmail.com, Prashant awale
Thanks a lot, Suraj ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Prashant Awale

Oct 23, 2020, 2:46:48 AM10/23/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, surajpa...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot Shri Suraj Patil Ji and congratulations to you and your team mates for publishing the new sp.
Thanks & Regards
Prashant