443 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 19, 2023, 3:17:22 AM5/19/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed in The HIMALAYAS at Gulmarg Jammu & Kashmir INDIA

Altitude: 8620fsl

Flower date: 12APR2023, 06.40pm

Habitat: wild misty shady windy alpine

Plant habit: erect obliquely, branches, weak cylindrical stem 04mm diameter, velvety, perennial

Height: 10cm

Leaves: alternate, elliptic petiole less, obtuse acute, soft fleshy, velvety, size upto:04×1cm

Flower: terminal panicle inflorescence,  diameter:03mm, white, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20230412184700_IMG_9879_resized.JPG
20230412184715_IMG_9881.JPG
20230412184700_IMG_9879.JPG
20230412184707_IMG_9880.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 19, 2023, 3:20:42 AM5/19/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230412184738_IMG_9884.JPG
20230412184816_IMG_9887.JPG
20230412184732_IMG_9883.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 19, 2023, 3:44:22 AM5/19/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230412184816_IMG_9887.JPG
20230412184826_IMG_9888.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 19, 2023, 3:55:07 AM5/19/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20230412185035_IMG_9896.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

May 19, 2023, 6:52:01 PM5/19/23
to eFloraofIndia
Solenanthus circinatus, very common in Pine Forests in April. My photographs on Flowers of India were in middle May, so I could not capture beautiful young flowers which you have been able to capture.

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2023, 2:43:40 AM5/22/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Singh ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2023, 2:45:34 AM5/22/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, GurcharanSingh

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 22, 2023, 12:00:29 PM5/22/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Thank you very much dear Gurucharan ji and Garg ji for ID my plant.  I can't it, so please confirm, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 23, 2023, 12:11:56 AM5/23/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Yes, it seems very close to Solenanthus stamineus dear Garg ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

taffa...@gmail.com

May 24, 2023, 1:25:06 AM5/24/23
to eFloraofIndia
According to Kazmi corolla of S.circinatus is blue and the corolla of S.stamineus is dark red and very rarely yellowish.Here the corolla seems to be white from the photo.Requires more clarification by experts if corolla is really white and not yellowish..
Regards
Taffazull

Saroj Kasaju

May 24, 2023, 2:39:15 AM5/24/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
image.png
I guess it is closer to Solenanthus circinnatus Ledeb.
Image from POWO

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 24, 2023, 3:14:58 AM5/24/23
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, TAFA
Pl. check the keys at Flora of Pakistan

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 24, 2023, 5:16:26 AM5/24/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, TAFA
Dear Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for posting photo for helping to ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

May 24, 2023, 5:18:17 AM5/24/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, TAFA, efloraofindia
OK Sam, but I am not sure about the ID.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 24, 2023, 5:21:39 AM5/24/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, TAFA
Thank you very much dear Taffazull for providing detailed explanation for helping to ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.
image.png

Gurcharan Singh

May 25, 2023, 2:25:06 PM5/25/23
to eFloraofIndia
On second thought I think it is not Solenanthus, which is a very tall plant. The plant shared by Samkush ji is plant which was earlier known as Moltkia parviflora, Mertensia exserta, now known as Pseodomertensis parviflora, the plant does not grow taller than 20 cm, it is common in forest shade.

Gurcharan Singh

May 25, 2023, 2:46:10 PM5/25/23
to eFloraofIndia
I am uploading mine separately

Gurcharan Singh

May 25, 2023, 2:56:38 PM5/25/23
to eFloraofIndia
Strange but true, same plant was uploaded by Anzar Khuroo on May 7, 2019 and I identified it as Pseudomertensive parviflora on May 19

That is why they say you lose your memory with age.

By the way this genus is not yet updated on our website, now no need to upload my herbarium specimen.

Saroj Kasaju

May 26, 2023, 2:00:37 AM5/26/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Decalepidanthus parviflorus (Decne.) Dickoré & Hilger

Message has been deleted

Sam Kuzhalanattu

May 27, 2023, 1:20:50 AM5/27/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, TAFA
Yes, it is Decalepidanthus parviflorus, dear Saroj ji thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

May 27, 2023, 1:56:01 AM5/27/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, TAFA
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju