For Id 270808JM1

J.M. Garg

Aug 26, 2008, 9:40:43 PM8/26/08
to indiantreepix
Is it some Buchnera species from Scrophulariaceae family? Taken on 16/8/08 near Talakona forest.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 6, 2008, 11:51:24 AM9/6/08
to indiantreepix
Looks like verbenaceae family. The name is slipping my mind.
Chitra

Chitra Shanker

Sep 6, 2008, 9:54:25 PM9/6/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Hi gargji
 I just got a flash memory. I think this is Priva leptostachya family: Verbenacea a graden land weed
CHitra

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2008, 7:26:42 AM9/7/08
to Chitra Shanker, indiantreepix
Thanks, Chitra ji. On checking description seems to match with Priva cordifolia syn. Priva leptostachya as per the link: http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=250064498

Chitra Shanker

Sep 8, 2008, 10:58:13 AM9/8/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
I did try checking for an image but I did not get one. WE used to have
a weed science course in our under grad and we referred a book by
Thadulingam. It had line drawings and I learnt most of my weeds from
this book. BUt the book is sadly out of print. Wish I could get hold
of acopy. Which book did you say you refer to? Where did you get it?
Chitra

On 9/7/08, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Chitra ji. On checking description seems to match with *Priva
> cordifolia* syn. *Priva leptostachya* as per the link:

> http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=250064498
>
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 7:24 AM, Chitra Shanker
> <chitra...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi gargji
>> I just got a flash memory. I think this is Priva leptostachya family:
>> Verbenacea a graden land weed
>> CHitra
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 9:21 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like verbenaceae family. The name is slipping my mind.
>>> Chitra

J.M. Garg

Sep 8, 2008, 11:04:55 AM9/8/08
to Chitra Shanker, indiantreepix