A tree for i.d.

sibdas ghosh

Jun 19, 2009, 11:00:17 AM6/19/09
to indiantreepix
A medium sized tree with ping pong sized fruits for i.d.
Nameri reserve forest , Assam
100_1132.JPG
100_1133.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 6, 2009, 1:09:58 PM7/6/09
to sibdas ghosh, indiantreepix
Hi, Sibdas ji,

And as per details from Indiantreepix Database:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

sibdas ghosh

Jul 6, 2009, 1:42:23 PM7/6/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
I am afraid it is not. In Duabanga leaves are much slender, moreover,
the fruits have persistent calyx like structures, even when they are
well developed. Moreover, the fruits have suture like markings, which
these fruits do not have.

2009/7/6 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>:
> Hi, Sibdas ji,
> Isn't it Duabanga grandiflora as per details picture at link?:
> http://www.arbolesornamentales.com/Duabangasonneratioides.htm &
> http://tropicalplant.air-nifty.com/top/images/duabanga_grandifloraa7s_2.jpg
>
> And as per details from Indiantreepix Database:
> Duabanga grandiflora (syn. D. sonneratioides, Lagerstroemia
> grandiflora)Lythraceae
> DUABANGA, Lampati Flowering on 16/3/08 at Jayanti, Duars, West
> Bengal;Duabanga grandiflora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaDuabanga -
> indiantreepix | Google GroupsDuabanga grandiflora in South China Botanical
> Garden Herbarium @ efloras.orgTree with fruits/ buds clustered at branch end
> - indiantreepix | Google GroupsDuabanga? at Namdapha - indiantreepix |

J.M. Garg

Aug 4, 2009, 10:44:54 AM8/4/09
to indiantreepix, sibdas

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

100_1132.JPG
100_1133.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Aug 4, 2009, 12:17:14 PM8/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, sibdas
... could it be Spondias pinnata ? ... commonly known as: Andaman mombin, Indian hog plum, Indian mombin, wild mango
Regards.

sibdas ghosh

Aug 4, 2009, 2:36:34 PM8/4/09
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thanks Dineshji- that is a good posibility.

satish pardeshi

Aug 6, 2009, 2:59:07 AM8/6/09
to indiantreepix
Hello Dinesh Ji and Ghosh Ji
the chances of this being Spondias pinnata is less as it has more
number of leaflets, but this is some species of Spondias, more closely
to Spondias cyatherea (the number of leaflets are ) commonly known as
Vilayati Ambada.

correct me if i am incorrect.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Aug 4, 11:36 pm, sibdas ghosh <sibdasgh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dineshji- that is a good posibility.
>
> 2009/8/4 Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>:
>

> > ... could it be Spondias pinnata ? ... commonly known as: Andaman mombin,
> > Indian hog plum, Indian mombin, wild mango
> > Regards.
>
> > On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 8:14 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Dinesh Valke

Aug 6, 2009, 3:03:29 AM8/6/09
to satish pardeshi, indiantreepix
... I will rather stand corrected in this case ... I am not familiar about Spondias beyond S. pinnata.
Many thanks, Satish ji.
Regards.

J.M. Garg

Aug 19, 2009, 12:51:37 AM8/19/09
to Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi, indiantreepix, sibdas

I compiled the following inf. from net (click the links). May somebody confirm the species:

Spondias cytherea (syn. S. dulcis) Anacardiaceae T June Plum, Ambarella, Golden Apple, Otaheite-apple, Caja-manga Spondias cytherea, Spondias dulcis, June Plum, Ambarella, Golden Apple, Otaheite-apple, Caja-manga - www.TopTropicals.com SPONDIAS CYTHEREA - GOLDEN APPLE. Spondias cytherea http://chestofbooks.com/gardening-horticulture/fruit/Tropical-And-Subtropical-Fruits/The-Ambarella-Plate-VI-Spondias-Cytherea-Sonnerat.html

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

sibdas ghosh

Aug 19, 2009, 3:37:37 AM8/19/09
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi, indiantreepix
Pl. refer to my mail dated 7th Aug.09. I posted two pics one of
Spondias pinnata and the other S. dulcis. This one with more number of
leaflets is likely dulcis, and the other pinnata. Thanks to all for
help identifying the plants.

2009/8/19 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>:
> I compiled the following inf. from net (click the links). May somebody
> confirm the species:
>
> Spondias cytherea (syn. S. dulcis)AnacardiaceaeTJune Plum, Ambarella, Golden
> Apple, Otaheite-apple, Caja-mangaSpondias cytherea, Spondias dulcis, June
> Plum, Ambarella, Golden Apple, Otaheite-apple, Caja-manga -
> www.TopTropicals.comSPONDIAS CYTHEREA - GOLDEN APPLE.Spondias
> cythereahttp://chestofbooks.com/gardening-horticulture/fruit/Tropical-And-Subtropical-Fruits/The-Ambarella-Plate-VI-Spondias-Cytherea-Sonnerat.html

JM Garg

Aug 1, 2020, 8:12:52 AM8/1/20
to efloraofindia, sibdas
I think it should be Spondias pinnata (L. f.) Kurz as per keys and details at Spondias
100_1132.JPG
100_1133.JPG