Leucanthemum vulgare from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 29, 2010, 11:36:19 PM7/29/10
to efloraofindia
Leucanthemum vulgare (syn: Chrysanthemum leucanthemum)  from Kashmir, having become the most widespread weed in Kashmir valley, found in wastelands, roadsides, mountain slopes, pathways, etc.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Leucanthemum-vulgare-Kashmir-c.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 30, 2010, 12:07:29 AM7/30/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sir due to high sunshine it seems that the flowers got overexposed.
I am attaching the photo slightly modified for better visibility.
Hope you won't mind.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Leucanthemum-vulgare-Kashmir-c.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 30, 2010, 12:11:37 AM7/30/10
to efloraofindia
Leucanthemum vulgare (syn: Chrysanthemum leucanthemum)  from Kashmir, having become the most widespread weed in Kashmir valley, found in wastelands, roadsides, mountain slopes, pathways, etc.

Common names: Dog daisy, Margriet, Marguerite daisy, Moon daisy, Oxeye daisy, White daisy, Whiteweed.
Leucanthemum-vulgare-Kashmir-a.jpg
Leucanthemum-vulgare-Kashmir-b.jpg
Leucanthemum-vulgare-Kashmir-c.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 30, 2010, 12:20:02 AM7/30/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sir Ji you posted the same plant in another thread this morning ,
but The close ups were missing

http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/eba5a95967112226?hl=en#

Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 30, 2010, 1:18:11 AM7/30/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia
Tanay, how did you think I will mind?. You have full liberty. Thanks for improving the photo.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 30, 2010, 1:23:11 AM7/30/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia
Tanay
Thanks for pointing out, must have gone out of my drafts by chance from me.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089