Justicia Santapaui

Rajesh Sachdev

May 3, 2009, 11:21:10 AM5/3/09
to indiantreepix
Well, photographed this flower at Proposed Father Santapau Willdlife
sanctuary, none other than my Favourite Rajmachi, Lonavala. Kindly
suggest the common English/Marathi Name.The scientific name is also
named on great Botanist

Name of Species: Justicia Santapaui
Common Name: ?
Family: Acanthaceae
Photographed: 19th April, 2009
Camera: Olympus SP570UZ
Lens: OLYMPUS ED LENS AF ZOOM 4.6 - 92 mm
evergreen forests in Hills.
--
Best Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Justicia Santapaui.jpg

Rajesh Sachdev

May 3, 2009, 11:31:46 AM5/3/09
to indiantreepix
Errata::::: photographed in Dec., 2008

J.M. Garg

May 3, 2009, 12:16:55 PM5/3/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Hi, Rajesh ji.
Links for Justicia Santapaui (Santapau's Justicia): http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Santapau's%20Justicia.html

2009/5/3 Rajesh Sachdev <leopa...@gmail.com>
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabish

May 4, 2009, 5:04:09 AM5/4/09
to indiantreepix
Looks more like Adhatoda vasica (http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/
slides/Malabar%20Nut.html) Another picture, if available, could help.
- Tabish
>  Justicia Santapaui.jpg
> 111KViewDownload

Tabish

May 4, 2009, 5:05:38 AM5/4/09
to indiantreepix
Sorry, the link got messed up in my previous post. Here it is
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Malabar%20Nut.html
- Tabish

J.M. Garg

May 4, 2009, 5:15:32 AM5/4/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Hi, Tabish ji.
Doesn't look like Adhatoda vasica too at first glance.

Tabish

May 4, 2009, 5:23:37 AM5/4/09
to indiantreepix
Garg ji
I share your view. Another picture may clarify things.
- Tabish

On May 4, 2:15 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Tabish ji.
> Doesn't look like *Adhatoda vasica* too at first glance.

Dinesh Valke

May 4, 2009, 5:30:25 AM5/4/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
... Anisomeles heyneana, commonly known as: western hill catmint • Hindi: चंदर chandar • Marathi: चंदर chandar, गोपाळी gopali • Sanskrit: ओष्ठफल oshthaphala
Please validate.
Regards.

Tabish

May 4, 2009, 5:36:20 AM5/4/09
to indiantreepix
Oh yes Dinesh! :-) Thats it. One link here
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Western%20Hill%20Catmint.html
- Tabish

On May 4, 2:30 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... *Anisomeles heyneana*, commonly known as: western hill catmint • Hindi:
> चंदर chandar • Marathi: चंदर chandar, गोपाळी gopali • Sanskrit: ओष्ठफल
> oshthaphala
> Please validate.
> Regards.

Prashant awale

May 4, 2009, 5:58:39 AM5/4/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
This looks like some  Anisomeles var. Check for Anisomeles heyneana.

Rajesh Sachdev

May 4, 2009, 11:27:16 AM5/4/09
to indiantreepix
Well, when I am comparing Gopali in the FOS book, it is totally
different. Dinesh, why not Santapau's justica goes along with my
flower?

Dinesh Valke

May 4, 2009, 12:30:55 PM5/4/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Hello Rajesh,

Please take a look at various views of A. heyneana at http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Anisomeles%20heyneana&w=all&s=int
At present, no photos on internet showing J. santapaui; as such pictorial comparison not possible.

One striking visual difference is that in case of A. heyneana, the flowers arise at intervals along (and around) the stem, most often only one or two (or rarely more) blooming at a time ... among the bunch of buds.
... and J. santapaui as seen in FFOS, the flowers and buds are crowded around and at the end of stem ... hey, I done best what I can express :) ... and there may be better and easier differences that may be put by other friends.