Is it Celosia argentea

Swagat

Aug 22, 2009, 2:46:23 AM8/22/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Is it 'Celosia argentea'... 'Kombda' or 'Kurdu' in Marathi...

Photo taken at Chouk, Mumbai-Pune old highway.
Date- 15th August 2009.

~Swagat
150809-Swagat-Chouk-1-A.jpg
150809-Swagat-Chouk-1B.jpg
150809-Swagat-Chouk-1C.jpg

Rajesh Sachdev

Aug 22, 2009, 3:00:06 AM8/22/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix

Dinesh Valke

Aug 22, 2009, 4:11:07 AM8/22/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, Swagat, indiantreepix
... yes it is Celosia argentea var. spicata (syn. C. spicata)

Other 2 varieties are found planted in gardens:
C. argentea var. plumosa (syn. C. plumosa) ... plume plant
C. argentea var. cristata (syn. C. cristata) ... cockscomb

Regards.
celosia_argentea_var_plumosa_Yellow.jpg
celosia_argentea_var_cristata_1.jpg
celosia_argentea_var_cristata_2.jpg
celosia_argentea_var_plumosa_Red.jpg

Swagat

Aug 23, 2009, 8:01:13 AM8/23/09
to Dinesh Valke, Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Dineshji & Rajeshji.

~Swagat
9223217568