Giving name in Malayalam to Dicliptera cuneata Nees

Dinesh Valke

Jul 1, 2022, 12:23:08 PM7/1/22
to efloraofindia, Sandhya Sasidharan
Dear Sandhya ji,
Please check whether we can give a name to Dicliptera cuneata Nees on lines of the English descriptive name "wedge-leaf foldwing" given by dear Tabish (Flowers of India) - the name is derived from the scientific name. As of now, there seems to be no name given to this species in Malayalam.

You may please come up with a better name; need not be on lines of the English descriptive name.

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jul 6, 2022, 2:17:35 AM7/6/22
to Sandhya Sasidharan, efloraofindia, DineshValke

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Jul 9, 2022, 9:03:39 AM7/9/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Sandhya ji,
Thank you very much for this clarity.
I am in full agreement with your reasoning. The challenges to be met for coining names especially in regional languages are many, I agree.
So let us rather keep this plant without a name.
Regards.
Dinesh