Euphorbiaceae week- Euphorbia pulcherrima (Poinsettia)

3 visningar

mani nair

oläst,
7 mars 2011 00:03:352011-03-07
till indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

Sending a photo of Poinsettia.  This plant is also known by the name Christmas tree as the flower bracts appear during Christmas period.

Regards,

Mani.
chris.jpg

tanay bose

oläst,
7 mars 2011 00:06:212011-03-07
till mani nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice bright bracts !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Rashida Atthar

oläst,
7 mars 2011 00:16:122011-03-07
till tanay bose, mani nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the beautiful post  Mani ji. This  seems to be from your biodiversity balcony !!

regards,
Rashida.

mani nair

oläst,
7 mars 2011 23:43:152011-03-07
till Rashida Atthar, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tanay ji and Rashida ji for the appreciation.  Yes Rashida ji, this is growing in my biodiversity balcony !!.

Regards,

Mani.

Gurcharan Singh

oläst,
8 mars 2011 06:46:262011-03-08
till mani nair, Rashida Atthar, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Here are my photographs of Euphobia pulcherrima
Euphorbia pulcherrima Willd. ex Klotzsch, Allg. Gartenzeitung 2:27. 1834
syn: Poinsettia pulcherrima (Willd. ex Klotzsch) Graham

Common names: Christmas-flower, Christmas-star, lobsterplant, Mexican flameleaf, paintedleaf, poinsettia

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor