Barleria prattensis_NOV 09_SSN

shubhada nikharge

Nov 8, 2009, 2:54:48 PM11/8/09
to indian tree pix
Hi,
posted pic of flower of Barleria prattensis. (pic taken at
Conservation Education Centre, Goregaon E, Mumbai on 8th Nov 09)
Common name : Barleria
Marathi name : gulabi koranti
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Try the new Yahoo! India Homepage. Click here.
Barleria prattensis acanthaceae 2009_1108_cec_0189 e.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Nov 8, 2009, 10:46:47 PM11/8/09
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
... season of Barleria ... to me all of them (read: different species) look same !!! and confusing.
I am loosing track of prattensis, cristata, and montana. :-(

Pre AND post pollination, there seems to be lot of changes occuring in anthers, style &c.

I therefore request friends to give slighly special treatment to Barleria in terms of photo-views: front, side-profile, leaves arrangement, and entire plant in its habitat.

Regards.

shubhada nikharge

Nov 8, 2009, 11:10:59 PM11/8/09
to Dinesh Valke, indian tree pix
Hi Dinesh,
Barlerias never attracted me. i always ignored them. In fact i had photos of leaf arrangement and entire plant which i deleted because  to me they were not good enough for id.
thanx for very interesting info. I will now keep in mind while taking photos and try to observe them pre and post pollination.