Tree for Id Confirmation_Pune

Neha Singh

May 2, 2021, 9:01:35 AM5/2/21
to efloraofindia

Observed this small tree on one of the hills in Pune ( Warje area). There are almost 10-15 trees of this species on the same contour line of this hill. White flowers were attracting lots of bees.

Observed in May 2021
Height -12-14 feet
Flowers- while, fragrant

I think it is Ehretia laevis
Kindly confirm.
 ( apologies for not good pics, I had only mobile with me then )

--
Thanks
Best Regards

Neha Singh
 FORREST

  The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Tree for id (2).jpg
Tree for id (3).jpg
Tree for id (4).jpg
Tree for id (1).jpg

vip...@gmail.com

May 2, 2021, 10:33:35 AM5/2/21
to efloraofindia

It is an Ehretia sp. for sure. Hard to determine the species without ascertaining the texture of the leaves. If the leaves happen to be rough & hairy, it would be E. aspera, which occurs wild in Pune.

Best wishes, Viplav

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 2, 2021, 11:41:53 AM5/2/21
to efloraofindia
Yes, you're right Neha Ma'am, it's Ehretia laevis but now it's synonym to aspera as suggested Viplav Ji,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 05/02/21, 09:09:09 PM

Mahadeswara

May 3, 2021, 12:25:35 AM5/3/21
to efloraofindia
From me also it is Ehretia sps.
Hope you have close ups to post. If so please post.

Neha.FORREST

May 4, 2021, 10:49:58 AM5/4/21
to efloraofindia
Went again to the plant location for pictures of leaves. Found fruits too this time.  Hope these pictures would help in id confirmation.
Ehretia fruits.JPG
Ehretia flower.JPG
Ehretia leaves.JPG

M Swamy

May 4, 2021, 11:59:32 AM5/4/21
to efloraofindia
 Very nice upload.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/0ee88e18-c7bd-43b5-ab1d-60cc9412e731n%40googlegroups.com.

J.M. Garg

May 10, 2021, 2:38:36 AM5/10/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Neha Singh, M Swamy, vip...@gmail.com
To me it is Ehretia laevis, as per images and details herein.
It is different from images and details at Ehretia aspera
This is accepted by Catalogue of Life as per CoL 1 and CoL2
However, POWO's interpretation of E. laevis Roxb. being a syn. of E. aspera Willd. as per link, is not correct.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg