Pavetta Indica

Rajesh Sachdev

Jan 10, 2009, 1:46:44 PM1/10/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildli...@yahoogroups.com, Ameesh Shah
On behalf of my freind, who shot this beautifull flower in the monsoons of 2008 in Matheran, Mumbai's Wildlife Region. During those days, I was away from my camera, but, my dude frnd. took opportunity and got the glimpse of the Bummble bee on the plant.

Thanks Amish, for this wonder full pic you sent.

On his behalf, I would like to nominate this as Flora of the year for 2008.
Pavetta Indica.jpg

Chitra Shanker

Jan 10, 2009, 9:21:46 PM1/10/09
to indiantreepix
THats not a bumble bee but a moth
Chitra

Madhuri Pejaver

Jan 11, 2009, 12:09:30 AM1/11/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildli...@yahoogroups.com, Ameesh Shah, Rajesh Sachdev
beautiful photo.
but it is not the bumble bee, i am not recollecting the name . but something like bee wasp.
madhuri

Neil Soares

Jan 11, 2009, 12:01:56 PM1/11/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rajesh,
  Great picture of the Humming Bird Hawkmoth.
                       With regards,
                         Neil Soares.

Really great picture. I had  seen similar moth only on Discovery channel. Nice to see it here from India.
Satish

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Rajesh Sachdev

Jan 12, 2009, 10:45:22 AM1/12/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Satish ji, many times i feel that discovery is not properly exposing
the INDIAN bio-diversity. It only has amazon and africa in its cart.

Regards
Rajesh Sachdev
Wildlife Activist & Photographer
Mumbai, India.

Mahendra Prasad

Jan 13, 2009, 4:36:19 AM1/13/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, satish phadke, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildli...@yahoogroups.com, Ameesh Shah
Hummingbird Hawkmoth has been snapped by me in Kolkata on slides more than 3 - 4 yrs ago. I could ID it only about a year later by a photo on Flickr.  Rare animals & plants sps can be seen in Metro cities also, but we fail to notice them or ID them correctly.   I had also once seen a Glass Beetle ( seen in N Bengal ) in my roof top garden, and could ID it  only from a photo in a wildlife exhibition. With all the Treepix friends, in time IDs will be known. Unknown IDs are a challenge.

--- On Mon, 12/1/09, satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com> wrote:

Get rid of Add-Ons in your email ID. Get your...@ymail.com. Sign up now!

JM Garg

Apr 28, 2016, 7:16:16 AM4/28/16