PLANT FOR ID 63 SMP JUN 06

satish phadke

Jun 10, 2009, 10:14:06 AM6/10/09
to indiantreepix Indian
A yellow flower near Pangot. Uttarakhand
Satish

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Pangot fl19.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2009, 10:43:30 AM6/26/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id help pl.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Pangot fl19.jpg

Parjanya guru

Jun 27, 2009, 1:21:00 AM6/27/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
May be a  Ludwigia..?

Swagat

Jun 27, 2009, 3:09:36 AM6/27/09
to phadke...@gmail.com, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Satishji,

I t looks like 'Wikstroemia canescens' to me. Please check...

'Wikstroemia canescens'  - A small shrub with many slender branches, with narrow-elliptic papery leaves,
and with small yellowish tubular flowers in rounded or sometimes elongate short-stalked clusters.
Flowers with a slender tube 8-12 mm long, silky-haired outside, with 4 short blunt spreading lobes,
and with 4 linear nectar-scales. Leaves 3-6 cm, silky when young, but becoming hairless except on the mid-vein beneath;
young shoots hairy; stems to 2 m.
Fruit narrow ovoid, black when ripe, enclosed at first in the hairy tube, which splits and falls.
(Ref.- 'Flowers of the Himalaya' by Oleg Polunin & Adam Stainton)

Regards,
~Swagat
9223217568

Satish Phadke

Mar 17, 2010, 1:30:33 PM3/17/10
to indiantreepix Indian
Forwarding again....
Earlier feedback.
Ludwigia..? .................Prajanya
'Wikstroemia canescens'..........Swagat

Mar 17, 2010, 1:34:06 PM3/17/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
dear all
the plant in the photo is indeed Wikstroemia canescens Wallich ex Meisner from the family Thymelaeaceae.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)