A tree with palmate leaves for ID 12.05.09 A.T.

Abhay Tiwari

May 11, 2009, 11:57:43 PM5/11/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends

Saw this tree on the Jungali Maharaj Road in Pune. The leaves are palmate and flower is white with a dash of yellow in the center.
I apologise for the quality of the flower picture, for the lack oof better equipment this is all I could manage with my 3X zoom.

Tree Location: Jungali Maharaj Road, Pune
Date: 9th May 2009

warmly

Abhay Tiwari
DSCN0476.JPG
DSCN0477.JPG
DSCN0478c.JPG
DSCN0479.JPG

Stephen A

May 12, 2009, 1:04:25 AM5/12/09
to Abhay Tiwari, indiantreepix
Could be Tabebuia rosea.

Check at the following links,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabebuia_rosea
http://www.hear.org/starr/plants/images/species/?q=tabebuia+rosea

Stephen...
--
Think about the Environment before printing this e-mail! ü
+----------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------+

Navendu

May 12, 2009, 9:47:11 AM5/12/09
to indiantreepix
I think its Bignonia megapotamica

navendu

satish phadke

May 12, 2009, 11:50:57 AM5/12/09
to Abhay Tiwari, indiantreepix
Dear Abhay
I have been observing this tree for a long time. I am very much interested in exact ID of this tree near BalGandharva Rang Mandir. Pune.
The palmately compound leaves and Typical Bignoniaceae family flower does suggest it to be Tabebuia rosea. But the leaves are considerably long ....similar to Mango leaf as aginst the ones seen in most of the net images where the leaves are much broader,shorter, darker and glossier.
The many roadside Tabebuias seen in Chennai have latter type of leaves as against this type seen in your picture. Is navendu's ID synonym or else?
Would help comments from others.
Satish

2009/5/12 Abhay Tiwari <abha...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Abhay Tiwari

May 12, 2009, 11:32:22 PM5/12/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Satish ji,

I too felt that it wasn't Tabebuia rosea exactly. But looks quite like
from the family of Tabebuia.

How does it show in other seasons? Does it flower like its other
supposed siblings i.e. pink trumpets and yellow trumpets, who shed all
leaves and don flowers alone? And what aobut its fruit? Have you taken
any pictures of it? post them if you've itt would be interesting to
see them.

I could not find any likeness between the pictures of Bignonia
megapotamica and this tee.

warmly

Abhay Tiwari

JM Garg

Dec 11, 2019, 6:51:37 AM12/11/19
to efloraofindia, abha...@gmail.com
I think close to images at Tabebuia rosea (Bertol.) Bertero ex A.DC.
DSCN0476.JPG
DSCN0477.JPG
DSCN0478c.JPG
DSCN0479.JPG