Fwd: Regarding id of the Species Date of Photograph Sept.2022/Khurda Odisha

J.M. Garg

Mar 4, 2023, 11:41:27 AM3/4/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kumar Prabhat Das <pkdasr...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 at 17:01
Subject: Regarding id of the Species Date of Photograph Sept.2022/Khurda Odisha
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

IMG_0078.JPGIMG_0084.JPGIMG_0050.JPGIMG_0054.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0060.JPG

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 4, 2023, 11:42:13 AM3/4/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das

Mar 9, 2023, 6:34:05 AM3/9/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das
For I'd pl.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 9, 2023, 10:19:59 AM3/9/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, Kumar Prabhat Das
Glochidion ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Mar 12, 2023, 12:07:35 PM3/12/23
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, Kumar Prabhat Das
I do not think so as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/02/glochidion/
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 12, 2023, 12:08:36 PM3/12/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das, Saroj Kasaju
Mar 12, 2023, 12:53:38 PM3/12/23
to eFloraofIndia
Yes, I think it's some Diospyros.

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Mar 12, 2023, 2:15:42 PM3/12/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, radha veach, Kumar Prabhat Das, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Radha ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 13, 2023, 1:49:29 AM3/13/23
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, radha veach, Kumar Prabhat Das, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.
It is from Khurda Odisha

On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 at 07:27, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
the stigma is interesting, i too feel to search for Diospyros , place of collection
--
A.Lalithamba

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 14, 2023, 7:44:33 AM3/14/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das

Where do we find such stigma (otherwise it seems like a Diospyros)?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 14, 2023, 7:47:49 AM3/14/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das
I checked species of Diospyros listed in Flora of Peninsular India with distribution in the area.
But could not find any match.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

navendu page

Mar 14, 2023, 1:59:23 PM3/14/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das
Drypetes assamica

Navendu

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 at 17:14, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Navendu Page

Scientist-C
Wildlife Institute of India,
Dehradun - 248001.
Ph: +91 9611053510

Kumar Prabhat Das

Mar 14, 2023, 2:33:08 PM3/14/23
to navendu page, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir  thank you all

J.M. Garg

Mar 15, 2023, 1:00:25 AM3/15/23
to navendu page, efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Navendu ji.
You are a genius.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 15, 2023, 5:36:09 AM3/15/23
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, navendu page, Saroj Kasaju, Kumar Prabhat Das
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

Mar 15, 2023, 10:03:49 AM3/15/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Saroj Kasaju, Kumar Prabhat Das
Lalithamba ji could you please share the images of what you have collected ?

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Mar 15, 2023, 10:01:12 PM3/15/23
to navendu page, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Kumar Prabhat Das
floral branch not collected. thank you for making me to re-examine.
--
A.Lalithamba
NSR_7976drypetes .JPG

navendu page

Mar 16, 2023, 12:14:39 PM3/16/23
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Kumar Prabhat Das
Thank you for sharing the images. Your plant is definitely Drypetes. I am also quite sure that the images by Das Ji are female flowers of Drypetes.

Regards
Navendu

Kumar Prabhat Das

Mar 16, 2023, 2:52:15 PM3/16/23
to navendu page, Lalithamba Avadhanam, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you Sir ji for your response and guidance

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Mar 16, 2023, 10:24:31 PM3/16/23
to Kumar Prabhat Das, navendu page, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
thank you, could it be Drypetes subsessilis, because, both male and female flowers clustered; (In Drypetes assamica female flowers solitary, stigma different:) here  Pistillate flowers: sepals orbicular, concave; ovary pubescent, 2- or 3-locular, stigmas 2 or 3, obtriangular. there is a record of this species in Odisha.
--
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Mar 17, 2023, 1:48:54 AM3/17/23
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, Kumar Prabhat Das, navendu page, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Lalithamba ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 18, 2023, 6:49:37 AM3/18/23
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Kunhikannan ji.
Identified as a Drypetes species.

Mar 22, 2023, 4:12:05 AM3/22/23
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, Kumar Prabhat Das, navendu page, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
After going through BSI Flora of India and descriptions of Drypetes subsessilis (Kurz) Pax & K.Hoffm. (GBIF Link) and Drypetes assamica (Hook.f) Pax & K.Hoffm. (GBIF Link), as stigma is flabelate and leaves are entire, I feel it is Drypetes assamica (Hook.f) Pax & K.Hoffm. (GBIF Link)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 at 07:54, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 22, 2023, 4:18:18 AM3/22/23
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, navendu page, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Kumar Prabhat Das
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg