Malvaceae for ID : Nasik : 28SEP21 : AK - 052

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 27, 2021, 11:46:29 PM9/27/21
to efloraofindia
Malvaceae seen at the Gangapur Grasslands.
Aarti
20210919_101423.jpg
20210919_101421.jpg
20210923_120446.jpg
20210923_120510.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 28, 2021, 12:06:12 AM9/28/21
to efloraofindia
Abelmoschus ficulneus

On Tue, 28 Sept 2021 at 09:16, Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Malvaceae seen at the Gangapur Grasslands.
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 28, 2021, 12:18:28 AM9/28/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Paradesi Ji,
The one suggested by you has white flowers.
Please check.
This looks different
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAPTGuvFi40FMEsJh-Mq-HqcOhd8bdZCAxMwLVLOrXmpTHUh0_w%40mail.gmail.com.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 28, 2021, 12:43:35 AM9/28/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
No ma'am,
this is also same,
whe flower freshly opened like this, observe the same flower definitely that will change as white after mature,

and
when under shade and fully moisture content available flower will Creamish or Yellowish white
When fully sun exposed and less minerals flower will be purely white,

I have observed these both. and
Even purely  pink, yellow, dark blue flowers also will be in white, that color depends on edaphic factors .

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 28, 2021, 7:42:21 AM9/28/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Thanks Paradesi Ji.
But still it is a little difficult to be convinced.
Since both look much different.
Regards,
Aarti

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 28, 2021, 9:47:40 AM9/28/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Ok ma'am,
if possible share earlier plant photos too here,

With regards.

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 28, 2021, 12:01:31 PM9/28/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Paradesi Ji,
Adding pictures of what has been identified on the group or by me as Abelmoschus ficulneus.
Regards,
Aarti
DSCN9234.JPG
P1060368.JPG
P1060370.JPG
P1060372.JPG

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 28, 2021, 12:31:44 PM9/28/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Ma'am,
Will you provide data as our EfI format for both species,
With regards.

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 28, 2021, 10:46:17 PM9/28/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Paradesi Ji,
Frankly I don't know what you mean by providing data in Efi format.
I am not an expert in this field and my approach is always casual in finding out the names of plants that I have clicked.
My identification of the pictures I have added subsequently (White flowers) is only based on my earlier post, other posts on Efloraofindia, Flowersofindia and other images available on Google search.
Regards,
Aarti

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 28, 2021, 11:15:25 PM9/28/21
to aarti...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
It's OK ma'am,
I mean
plant data,
where you have collected ex. moist area, dry area, along the road(Habitat), habit (shrub, or herb) either prostrate or erect, height, flowers single or inflorescence tye, about fruit, seeds data only ma'am,
with that information, we will finalize the species,

With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by Mailtrack 09/29/21, 08:40:41 AM

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 29, 2021, 10:00:13 AM9/29/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Paradesi Ji,
It was a very small plant by the roadside.
Gangapur Dam is in Nasik.
The area around is known as the Gangapur Grasslands.
I saw this small plant growing near the water body in the grass.
No seed formation as yet.
Regards,
Aarti

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 29, 2021, 11:14:48 AM9/29/21
to aarti...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Ok ma'am,
When we develop like this data for two plants then we will know what are the similarities and dissimilarities,
then easy to identify,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
09/29/21, 08:41:41 PM

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 29, 2021, 11:26:32 AM9/29/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
I will watch out for the fruits/seeds.

J.M. Garg

Oct 5, 2021, 7:08:19 AM10/5/21
to Aarti S. Khale, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
I think this is Abelmoschus manihot subsp. tetraphyllus (Roxb. ex Hornem.) Borss.Waalk. var. tetraphyllus
(as per comparative images at Abelmoschus)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 5, 2021, 9:39:16 AM10/5/21
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg Ji.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 11, 2021, 12:01:07 PM10/11/21
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Garg Ji, Paradesi Ji,
Adding images of similar plants behind a fence close by.
There were many, some of them about five feet in height.
Regards,
Aarti
20211007_103624.jpg
20211010_093412.jpg