ID Request - 030521AS01- Is this Caesalpinia bonduc?

Arjun Kindra

May 4, 2021, 5:00:38 AM5/4/21
to efloraindia

28/04/21, 10:30 am

Location- Near Madhai, GPS-  78.1306, 22.6113

Habitat- Wild Type-Found near a seasonal stream in shade in a dry tropical forest.

Plant Habit- Climber

Height/Length- The height for this one was about 2.5 m

Leaves- Alternating leaves twice pinnate with thorns even on the stems of the leaflet.

The colour of the stem ranged from an ashy brown to a yellow with green blotches. The stem was covered with spines.

Fruits- A Prickly pod like fruits with two seeds in it. The seeds are smooth and grey in colour.

Also what is the difference between Crista and Bonduc?

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

Thanks,

Arjun

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 4, 2021, 12:37:53 PM5/4/21
to efloraofindia
You're right Arjun Ji, I too agree with you for bonduc,
Pod spiny........bonduc,
Pod not spiny.....crista,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 05/04/21, 10:05:07 PM

Mahadeswara

May 4, 2021, 11:55:36 PM5/4/21
to efloraofindia
Yes from me also.  It is seen in the  Chamundi hill area.   Gajjaga in Kannada.

Saroj Kasaju

May 5, 2021, 1:27:21 AM5/5/21
to efloraindia
Yes!