A Confusion - Physalis minima & Nicandra physalodes

Debasish Joardar

Oct 24, 2008, 2:54:11 PM10/24/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After my posting on Nicandra physalodes, a lot of confusion arose among the respected members. I am not an expert anyway, but watched both the plants closely.

Attaching herewith a PDF document on "comparative study of Physalis minima & Nicandra physalodes".
I have mentioned name of two books at the footnote. It may possible that someone may not have those books in collection. In that case, I may request you the easiest way- go for web photo search to cross-check my identification.

In case of any difficulty in opening the PDF document, kindly let me know, I shall post a word document of the same.

I am sorry, the file is a little bit larger.

Regards,

Debasish Joardar.

Comparative study of Nicandra physalodes and Physalis minma..pdf

Tabish

Oct 26, 2008, 4:58:47 AM10/26/08
to indiantreepix
The genus name in Nicandra physaloides means resembling Physalis. So,
no surprise that people can confuse between the two. However, Debasish
has distinguished between the two clearly in his post.
Cheers!
- Tabish

On Oct 24, 11:54 pm, Debasish Joardar <djoardar1...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After my posting on Nicandra physalodes, a lot of confusion arose among the respected members. I am not an expert anyway, but watched both the plants closely.
>
> Attaching herewith a PDF document on "comparative study of Physalis minima & Nicandra physalodes".
> I have mentioned name of two books at the footnote. It may possible that someone may not have those books in collection. In that case, I may request you the easiest way- go for web photo search to cross-check my identification.
>
> In case of any difficulty in opening the PDF document, kindly let me know, I shall post a word document of the same.
>
> I am sorry, the file is a little bit larger.
>

> Regards,
>
> Debasish Joardar.
>

>       Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go tohttp://in.webmessenger.yahoo.com/
>
>  Comparative
> 517KViewDownload

JM Garg

Jul 21, 2019, 2:36:10 AM7/21/19
to efloraofindia, Debasish Joardar
I think it should be Physalis angulata L. as per images and details herein.
Comparative study of Nicandra physalodes and Physalis minma..pdf