Plant for Identification

Sid

Mar 27, 2009, 2:33:03 AM3/27/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is an ornamental I clicked in a Botanical Garden in FRIM Malaysia.

Need identification.

Sid.
DSCN2621.JPG
DSCN2623.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Mar 27, 2009, 2:50:25 AM3/27/09
to Sid, indian...@googlegroups.com
... Wrightia for sure ... not sure of the species ... could be a garden cultivar of W. arborea
Please wait for more comments and validations.

Regards,

formp...@yahoo.com

Mar 28, 2009, 4:45:00 AM3/28/09
to Sid, indian...@googlegroups.com
Is nt similar to what we call as Kunti in marathi
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Sid
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:33:03 +0800
To: <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [indiantreepix:9758] Plant for Identification

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2009, 5:04:53 AM3/28/09
to formp...@yahoo.com, Sid, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Dinesh ji,
Seems to match with Wrightia antidysenterica (synonym: Holarrhena pubescens- Bitter Oleander, Connessi Bark, Kurchi Bark, Dysentery Rose Bay, Tellicherry Bark), see the pix at: http://www.zone9tropicals.com/wrightia-antidysenterica-p-523.html?osCsid=994913 & http://www.jaycjayc.com/wrightia-antidysenterica-snowflake/ & http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/Wrightia_antidysenterica.htm (with details),
More from Indiantreepix Database:

Madhuri Pejaver

Mar 28, 2009, 6:46:00 AM3/28/09
to J.M. Garg, Sid, indian...@googlegroups.com

agreed
madhuri

> This is an ornamental I clicked in a Botanical Garden
> in FRIM Malaysia.
>

> Need identification.
>

> Sid.
>

> For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/
> join Google e-group (Indiantreepix) http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

Get rid of Add-Ons in your email ID get your...@ymail.com.. Sign up now! http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address

grassman

Mar 28, 2009, 7:07:26 AM3/28/09
to indiantreepix
it is wrightia not holarrehna. appendage on petals is present only in
wrightia not in holarrehna.

Dinesh Valke

Mar 28, 2009, 10:15:22 AM3/28/09
to J.M. Garg, formp...@yahoo.com, Sid, indian...@googlegroups.com
... not Holarrhena (even if it has Wrightea as synonym) ... For instance: W. tinctoria, W. arborea ... the delicate, intricate filigree at the centre is noticed only in Wrightea species.
Experts familiar with ornamental varieties may comment please.

Regards.

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2009, 1:41:02 PM3/28/09
to Dinesh Valke, formp...@yahoo.com, Sid, indian...@googlegroups.com, grassman
Hi, Dinesh ji & Mayur ji,
Forget the synonyms for once.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"

Dinesh Valke

Mar 28, 2009, 3:06:48 PM3/28/09
to J.M. Garg, formp...@yahoo.com, Sid, indian...@googlegroups.com, grassman
Garg ji, immemse apologies !!!!!!!
Its eye-opening ... I always thought W. antidysenterica to be a synonym of Holarrhena pubescens ... in one of your earlier posts in this thread you too seem to have put it so.
H. pubescens looks similar to plumeria bloom ... that is the reason I was stressing on Wrightea.

Yes, Sid ji's Malaysian ornamentals must be W. antidysenterica .

Regards.