id required : spice 8

sachin pandhare

Feb 10, 2009, 3:07:52 PM2/10/09
to treepix Indian
Hi,
I am sending you some spices used for making
could you please let me know the identification for them and the scientific names.

there will be around 15 spices.

thanks,
Sachin

PS: i just know that these should be one of the following (all marathi names)
Dongari, Safed, Shaha, Lasani, Shatavari, Panjabi, Kambarkas, DoodhKaLi, PimpaLi, Gathi, Bedana, Isabgol, Talimkhana, Motha Gokharu, Soonth
spice_08.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2009, 4:08:01 AM3/21/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding agin for Id pl.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

spice_08.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2009, 10:04:47 AM3/21/09
to indiantreepix
Further Sachin stated:
"Hi All,
just to tell you more on the usage of these spices (?).
we use them to make 'Laddoo' of medicinal value for women who have given
birth to baby. we also add other dry fruits to it.

so i am not sure if they can be called spices. sorry if i might have misled
you folks.
thanks to all for helping me in identifying these.

Sachin "

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2009, 10:05:28 AM3/21/09
to indiantreepix
Here is a reply:
"hi,

This is called Isabgol Plantago ovata, is cultivated in MP and Gujrat. It is not a spice..... Husk is used against constipation, irritation and inflammation of digestive tract

Ram Fugare
Pune
(9922062617)"