Please identiy this small herb 2 - NS 080911

Neil Soares

Sep 7, 2011, 2:34:06 PM9/7/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Photographed at my farm at Shahpur last weekend. Again a small herb [20 - 30 cms tall] in open grasslands with minute flowers about 4mm in size.
 Could this be a species of Indigofera [possibly I.linifolia] ?
                  Thanks,
                         With regards,
                           Neil Soares.
Unidentified herb 1.jpg
Unidentified herb 2.jpg
Unidentified herb 3.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 7, 2011, 2:52:58 PM9/7/11
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
... my belief too, Indigofera linifolia.
Regards.
Dinesh

Vijayasankar

Sep 7, 2011, 4:43:27 PM9/7/11
to Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Dinesh ji's id. Nice picture!

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Neil Soares

Sep 7, 2011, 10:30:27 PM9/7/11
to Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dinesh & Dr.Vijayasankar.
                 Regards,
                   Neil Soares.

Muthu Karthick

Sep 8, 2011, 7:39:29 AM9/8/11
to Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar, indian...@googlegroups.com

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

J.M. Garg

Oct 28, 2013, 6:33:08 AM10/28/13
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick, Hukam Singh Gehlot, Dr Umeshkumar Tiwari, Dr Abdul Jabbar M, satish pardeshi, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Satish Phadke, Prashant awale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

... my belief too, Indigofera linifolia.
Regards.
Dinesh

I agree with Dinesh ji's id. Nice picture! Regards
 Vijayasankar Raman

Please refer the identified pictures here: https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/1c562c1b438b9888/caa5eeb2bc6d44be?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=+Indigofera+linifolia#caa5eeb2bc6d44be- from Muthu ji.

 As per another thread:
[This is not Indigofera linifolia.

                     With regards,
                        Neil Soares.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Satish N. Pardeshi

Oct 28, 2013, 9:16:07 AM10/28/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick, Hukam Singh Gehlot, Dr Umeshkumar Tiwari, Dr Abdul Jabbar M, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Satish Phadke, Prashant awale
The leaves are much more linear in this species and are glabrous, where as what i found at Kalina campus, Mumbai is a bit different .

regards
 satish pardeshi
--
EACH ONE.... PLANT ONE...

Satish Pardeshi
Plant Taxonomist
Mumbai, Pune
Indigofera_linifolia_frts.jpg
Indigofera_linifolia_flr_&_frt.jpg

Vijayasankar

Oct 28, 2013, 10:31:26 AM10/28/13
to Satish N. Pardeshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, Muthu Karthick, Hukam Singh Gehlot, Dr Umeshkumar Tiwari, Dr Abdul Jabbar M, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Satish Phadke, Prashant awale
I think the leaves are variable in shape and size.
FoC describes that the leaves are "...usually linear but sometimes elliptic to ovate-elliptic...".

Regards

Vijay
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.

University of Mississippi

Satish N. Pardeshi

Oct 29, 2013, 12:55:06 AM10/29/13
to indiantreepix
Yes Vijayasankar jee variation in leaf shape can happen and also hairiness vary according to season and locality.

regards
 satish pardeshi