id please

manya

Sep 4, 2008, 1:16:56 AM9/4/08
to indiantreepix
This flower was shot at a way side at Dombivli(E).
Kindly identify the flower
Thanks
Mani

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/2773794853_cdfb5606b3_b.jpg

Tabish

Sep 5, 2008, 4:55:14 AM9/5/08
to indiantreepix
Wow! What a shot! My guess would be some Crotalaria. One can say more
if the leaves were visible.
- Tabish

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Sep 7, 2008, 6:33:56 AM9/7/08
to indiantreepix
Please identify the flowering creeper.

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Bhind Road

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Sep 7, 2008, 1:11:09 PM9/7/08
to indiantreepix
Please idntify this floweing creeper.
Thanks,
akbhatt
D50 July 13 041.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2008, 10:01:44 PM9/7/08
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Here are links with flower picture for Podranea brycei (identified by Kenneth ji in a diferent mail): http://www.zimbabweflora.co.zw/speciesdata/species.php?species_id=152340, http://www.treknature.com/gallery/Africa/South_Africa/photo34049.htm
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Sep 8, 2008, 1:18:15 AM9/8/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thank you Mr. Garg. You see, the nursery sold it to me as Tecoma. When it developed into a creeper I thought that it was some sp of alamanda.
Incidentally Tecoma has started flowering. The plant is only a year old, and it has gone above 8'. Another good part  I am observing is that it is not liked by cattle. Let it bloom fully, and I will send  photographs.
Last night I sat with my camera and changed the settings: image quality from fine to normal and size one notch down. Let me see how it comes out now. I havent been able to find how to do pixel measure of a photograph. Any suggestion?
Thanks again.
akbhatt

Nudrat

Sep 8, 2008, 5:02:54 AM9/8/08
to indiantreepix
The flower in picture seems to be Crotalaria spectabilis
> >http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/2773794853_cdfb5606b3_b.jpg- Hide quoted text -

J.M. Garg

Sep 8, 2008, 10:16:59 AM9/8/08
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Hi, Anand ji,
No, change has not to be made in camera settings (though image size as well as KBs of an image will be less with normal settings compared to fine setting in the camera) but in a suitable photo-editing software on the computer like in Photo- editor or Photoshop etc.
Pixel measure is in the properties of the photo. We generally have monitors with 72 pixels per inch (PPI) or 72 Dots per inch (DPI). So if the image is 720 pixel by 720 pixel, it will take 10 inch by 10 inch space on the computer monitor/ screen. It is very important to understand this concept. Pl. read in your camera manual also or learn more from net.

Samir Mehta

Nov 26, 2017, 8:06:04 AM11/26/17
to efloraofindia
This is Crotalaria pallida.