for identification

Gopakumar S

Mar 21, 2009, 6:14:34 AM3/21/09
to indiantreepix
Hi all,
I have posted two plants which I found in the lower strata of Peechi forests of Thrissur (Kerala) Forest Division. Kindly help to identify the same.
Gopan

--
S. GOPAKUMAR
Assistant Professor (SS)

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2009, 6:05:10 AM3/28/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again pl. for Id.

for id 1.JPG
for id 2.JPG

Rajesh Sachdev

Mar 28, 2009, 12:17:54 PM3/28/09
to indiantreepix
The pinkish, I assume is Forest Barleria in botanic it is balrelia prionitis

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2009, 1:52:22 PM3/28/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Hi, Rajesh ji,
You mean to say Barleria prattensis.
Is 1st one some sort of Zingerberaceae?

Rajesh Sachdev

Mar 28, 2009, 3:35:36 PM3/28/09
to indiantreepix
Mr. Garg ji,
Barleria prattensis and balrelia prionitis are two different species.
Kindly refer to shrikant's book part I on page no. 163 and 105
respactively.
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> Creating Awareness about Indian Flora &
> Fauna:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2009, 10:43:50 PM3/28/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Hi, Rajesh ji,
While Balrelia prionitis is shown to have yellow flowers & Barleria prattensis is shown to have pink flowers i.e. why my pointing it out to be possibly Barleria prattensis & not Balrelia prionitis.

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Nov 23, 2020, 4:42:04 AM11/23/20
to efloraofindia
Globba marantina L. ??