[efloraofindia:0] ID - Nellore-TQ

Tabish

Apr 18, 2010, 12:46:55 AM4/18/10
to indiantreepix
Does anybody have any idea about this creeper with a strange fruit.
Photographed in Nellore (AP) in April (not by me!)
- Tabish

DSC02867.JPG

Kenneth Greby

Apr 18, 2010, 12:50:59 AM4/18/10
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Asclepidaceae (now Apocyanaceae) of some sort, but I don't know otherwise.

Ken.

Does anybody have any idea about this creeper with a strange fruit.
Photographed in Nellore (AP) in April (not by me!)
- Tabish

tanay bose

Apr 18, 2010, 1:19:24 AM4/18/10
to Kenneth Greby, Tabish, indiantreepix
can this be Belostemma hirsutum Wallich ex Wight fron the family Asclepidaceae?
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 18, 2010, 5:09:26 AM4/18/10
to tanay bose, Kenneth Greby, Tabish, indiantreepix
I thought Pergularia daemia

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Rohit Patel

Apr 18, 2010, 5:12:55 AM4/18/10
to tanay bose, Kenneth Greby, Tabish, indiantreepix
Pergularia daemia (Forsk.) Chiov.

Check with it ?????

rohit

--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator

Pravin Kawale

Apr 18, 2010, 5:20:52 AM4/18/10
to Rohit Patel, tanay bose, Kenneth Greby, Tabish, indiantreepix
Hi,
It is Pergularia daemia
Sending the flower photographs
Regards

On 4/18/10, Rohit Patel <rmpec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Pergularia daemia* (Forsk.) Chiov.
>

> Check with it ?????
>

> rohit
>

> On 4/18/10, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> can this be *Belostemma hirsutum* Wallich ex Wight fron the family
>> Asclepidaceae?
>> Tanay
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Kenneth Greby <fst...@yahoo.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Asclepidaceae (now Apocyanaceae) of some sort, but I don't know
>>> otherwise.
>>>
>>> Ken.
>>>

>>> ------------------------------

Pravin
Pergularia daemia.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 18, 2010, 5:23:57 AM4/18/10
to Pravin Kawale, Rohit Patel, tanay bose, Kenneth Greby, Tabish, indiantreepix
Tabish ji
You have plants with both flowers and fruits separately of Pergularia daemia at Flowersofindia website.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Apr 18, 2010, 8:13:11 AM4/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, Rohit Patel, Kenneth Greby, Tabish, indiantreepix
Thanks to all,
I have seen Pergularia daemia many times but have never seen its fruits hence made this blunder
Tanay

R. Vijayasankar

Apr 18, 2010, 8:13:35 AM4/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Pravin Kawale, Rohit Patel, tanay bose, Kenneth Greby, Tabish, indiantreepix
Pergularia daemia, with a pair of follicles!
--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

Tabish

Apr 18, 2010, 10:09:19 AM4/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thank you Gurcharan ji. So silly of me! So many plants on the site -
it is leading to information overload in my brain! :)
Cheers!
- Tabish

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tabish Qureshi Phone: 011-26981753, 32959320(res)
Department of Physics Email: tabi...@jmi.ac.in
Jamia Millia Islamia Webpage: http://tabish.freeshell.org
New Delhi - 110025.
http://www.jamia-physics.net

Satish Chile

Apr 19, 2010, 1:22:30 AM4/19/10
to Tabish, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
 No doubt Pergularia daemia
Satish

Department of Physics                 Email: tabish.ph@jmi.ac.in

Jamia Millia Islamia               Webpage: http://tabish.freeshell.org
New Delhi - 110025.
http://www.jamia-physics.net

Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Muthu Karthick

Apr 19, 2010, 3:34:24 AM4/19/10
to Satish Chile, Tabish, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Hi all,
This climber is Pergularia daemia (Forrsk.) Chiov. of Asclepiadaceae.

Tamil Name: Uthamani, Vaelipparuthi, Seendhal kodi
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow