Drocera form Satpura - NSD 27

Nayan Singh

Oct 1, 2009, 1:04:11 PM10/1/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Friends
this is form Panchamri area of Satpura Tiger Reserve
i think this is Drocera indica but not very sure
Please confirm the ID
Thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Try the new Yahoo! India Homepage. Click here.
Drocera indica.jpg

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Oct 1, 2009, 1:18:46 PM10/1/09
to indiantreepix
Yeah this sud be indica!! Thanks for sharing. I never seen this
species before!!

Vijayadas D

Oct 1, 2009, 2:07:50 PM10/1/09
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Yes , this is  D.indica    and it  I noticed from from hill tops of south kerala.

--
VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2009, 2:31:22 PM10/1/09
to Vijayadas D, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix

Just to set record straight, Drosera (and not Drocera) indica L.
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Swagat

Oct 1, 2009, 8:44:03 PM10/1/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Drosera indica' is called 'Gavati Davbindu' 'गवती दवबिंदू' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Nayan Singh

Oct 1, 2009, 11:50:24 PM10/1/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Gurcharan Singh ji, Pankaj ji & Dijayadas ji,
thanks for confirmaiton and correciton as Drosera indica L.