Request for ID 260709 Karnala 1

Swagat

Aug 28, 2009, 1:37:54 AM8/28/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Photos taken at Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Mumbai-Goa highway, Maharashtra.
Date- 26th Jully 2009.

Thanks in advance.

~Swagat
9223217568

260709-Swagat-Karnala-1-A.jpg
260709-Swagat-Karnala-1-B.jpg

Prashant awale

Aug 28, 2009, 1:43:28 AM8/28/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix

Dear Swagat,

Check for  Cryptolepis buchananii  (Asclepiadaceae family)

best wishes
Prashant

shubhada nikharge

Aug 28, 2009, 8:17:44 AM8/28/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Hi Swagat ji,
fruits of Cryptolepis buchanani
common name: wax leaved climber ( leaves are shiny)
Marathi name : dudh vel
Family: Asclepiadaceae
cheers,
shubhada

Aug 28, 2009, 9:54:19 PM8/28/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix, shubhada nikharge
Hi swagat ji,
I think it is Cryptostegia grandiflora Or cryptostegia madagascariensis .
Regd
Devendra

--- On Fri, 28/8/09, shubhada nikharge <shubhada...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.

Swagat

Aug 29, 2009, 12:10:46 AM8/29/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, shubhada nikharge
Thanks a lot Prashant ji, Shantju ji, Shubhada ji & Devendra ji.

It is 'Crtptostegia madagascariensis'

But Shubhada ji it is called 'Kavli' 'कावळी' in Marathi.

What you say... 'Dudhvel' 'दुधवेल' that is different... that's called 'Argyreia strigosa'

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 29, 2009, 3:17:14 AM8/29/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Swagat, indiantreepix, shubhada nikharge
It is not Cryptostegia, in which follicles are  distinctly ridged or winged. Here they are very smooth, obviously Cryptolepis.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

Neil Soares

Aug 29, 2009, 3:39:25 AM8/29/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Swagat, indiantreepix, shubhada nikharge, Gurcharan Singh
Hi,
 As Prof. Gurcharan Singh has stated, it looks like the Wax-leaved Climber [Cryptolepis buchanani] locally called Dudh-vel. Sending some of my photographs.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

--- On Sat, 8/29/09, Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com> wrote:
start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00
Wax-leaved Climber, Cryptolepis buchanani.jpg
Cryptolepis buchnani,Dudh-vel 2.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 29, 2009, 4:10:04 AM8/29/09
to Swagat, Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, shubhada nikharge

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

Satish Phadke

Aug 29, 2009, 12:05:39 PM8/29/09
to Gurcharan Singh, Swagat, Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, shubhada nikharge
Cryptolepis buchnani
me too
Dr Phadke

2009/8/29 Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Swagat

Aug 30, 2009, 1:31:19 AM8/30/09
to Satish Phadke, Gurcharan Singh, Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, shubhada nikharge
Dear all,

I agree that it is 'Cryptolepis buchnani'  'दुधवेल' 'Dudhvel' in Marathi.

But when I refered 'Flowers of Sahyadri' it is clearly printed on page nos. 84, 196 and 203 that 'Cryptolepis buchnani' ... 'कावळी' 'Kavli' in Marathi. Now I have made corrections on my copy.

Regards,
~Swagat