Cyperus sp. from Assam KD 09 Aug 22

Karuna Das

Aug 29, 2022, 11:55:16 AM8/29/22
to indiantreepix
Dear All,
 Attached images are Cyperus sp,from Assam. Please Id of the sp.

Date : 29.08.22
Location: Assam
Family : Cyperaceae
Genus & species : Cyperus ?
Habit :   Herb

With regards

Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati 781012

1._Cyperus_sp._.jpg
2._Cyperus_sp.jpg
3._Cyperus_sp.jpg
4._Cyperus_sp.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 29, 2022, 8:50:19 PM8/29/22
to efloraofindia
This does not appear to be cyperus. Maybe some other genus.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

kd_...@rediffmail.com

Aug 30, 2022, 12:58:02 PM8/30/22
to eFloraofIndia
May be. Thank You Sir.
With regards
Karuna Kanta Das

J.M. Garg

Aug 30, 2022, 10:50:31 PM8/30/22
to efloraofindia
For I'd pl.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 31, 2022, 12:21:48 AM8/31/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks, Manoj ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sep 3, 2022, 1:36:23 AM9/3/22
to efloraofindia
Sep 3, 2022, 1:41:41 AM9/3/22
to efloraofindia
Can it be some Actinoscirpus species like Actinoscirpus grossus (L.f.) Goetgh. & D.A.Simpson?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2022, 12:34:28 PM9/5/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sep 6, 2022, 8:32:11 AM9/6/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thank You Manoj Sir.
With regards
Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati

J.M. Garg

Sep 13, 2022, 10:30:37 AM9/13/22
to efloraofindia, Dr Santhosh K R
A feedback from another post:
Could this be Scirpus sylvaticus the wood clubrush, the pictures are similar.
I am no Cyperus expert, just that the Genus has many Aquatic Cyperus, some of which are even sold in Aquarium trade Cyperus helferi, (seems to be a new craze in Mumbai Aquarium shops) and many like Scirpus mucronatus, use knife like Leaves to puncture water lilies,  Schonoplectella articulata are ghost like and  strange.

Sep 13, 2022, 10:31:05 AM9/13/22
to efloraofindia, Dr Santhosh K R
Another possibility is Woodland Bulrush (Scirpus expansus) photo attached - from Santhosh ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 16, 2022, 5:30:19 AM9/16/22
to efloraofindia, Dr Santhosh K R
Thanks, Santhosh ji.
Both these species do not have distribution in our area as per POWO 1 and POWO 2
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg