Malvaceae week :: Grewia tiliifolia

Dinesh Valke

Sep 7, 2011, 3:25:22 PM9/7/11
to efloraofindia
Grewia tiliifolia Vahl.
  • GREW-ee-uh -- named for Nehemiah Grew (1641-1712), an English physician and author
    til-ee-eye-FOH-lee-uh -- having leaves like the Linden (Tilia) tree

Dhaman (Marathi: धामण)
Jan 6, 2008 at Vaghbil, Thane

commonly known as: common Indian linden • Bengali: dhamin • Hindi: धामनी dhamani • Kannada: ನಿಮ್ಬೆಗಿಡ nimbegida, ತಡಸಾಲಿ ಹಣ್ಣು tadasaali hannu • Malayalam: ധനുവൃക്ഷം dhanuvrksam • Marathi: धामण dhaman • Sanskrit: धनु व्रिक्ष dhanu vriksha • Tamil: ஊணா una • Telugu: ధనుర్వృక్షము dhanurvrksamu, తడ tada

Native to: e Africa, s China, India, Myanmar, Indo-China, Malaysia

Regards.
Dinesh

Balkar Arya

Sep 7, 2011, 8:51:35 PM9/7/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Wonderful Grewia series Dinesh ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Neil Soares

Sep 10, 2011, 12:20:02 AM9/10/11
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Hi Dinesh,
 Great photographs !!!! Sending some of my recent photographs to complement yours. My previous photographs are available at this link :

                             With regards,
                               Neil Soares.

--- On Thu, 9/8/11, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Grewia tiliaefolia, Dhaman flowering & fruiting 1.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia,Dhaman fruiting 2.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia, Dhaman flowering & fruiting 2.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia, Dhaman flowering & fruiting 3.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia,Dhaman fruiting 1.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia,Dhaman fruiting 2.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia, Dhaman flowering & fruiting 1.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia, Dhaman flowering & fruiting 2.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia, Dhaman flowering & fruiting 3.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia,Dhaman fruiting 1.jpg

Neil Soares

Sep 10, 2011, 12:30:39 AM9/10/11
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Hi,
 My apologies. Some of the photographs overlapped for some reason.
               Regards,
                Neil Soares.

--- On Sat, 9/10/11, Neil Soares <drneil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Grewia tiliaefolia, Dhaman bark.jpg
Grewia tiliaefolia,Dhaman fruiting 3.jpg
Erinocarpus nimmonii, Cher, Chaori leaves.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 10, 2011, 1:20:18 AM9/10/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia
Many many thanks Neil ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Dec 10, 2017, 6:17:06 AM12/10/17
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, Neil Soares
I think these images may be of Grewia asiatica L. as Peduncles much longer than petioles as per keys in BSI Flora of India ?

Dec 10, 2017, 10:45:07 PM12/10/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, DineshValke, Neil Soares
Yes, it is G. tiliifolia

Mayur D. Nandikar (Ph.D. Botany)
Head Scientist,
Naoroji Godrej Centre for Plant Research (NGCPR)
c/o Lawkim Motors Division
431, Village Shindewadi, Post Shirwal,
Dist: Satara, Maharashtra, India 412 801
Office 02169-244401 (Ext 640)
www.ngcpr.org

Scopus ID 36495332200
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0001-8626-3669

J.M. Garg

Dec 10, 2017, 11:03:02 PM12/10/17
to MayurNandikar, efloraofindia, DineshValke, Neil Soares
Hi,  Mayur ji.
Pl. have a re look as peduncle appears larger than pedicle, which appears very small.

J.M. Garg

Dec 18, 2017, 9:23:38 PM12/18/17
to MayurNandikar, efloraofindia, DineshValke, Neil Soares
As there are images from three places, I feel 1st image is certainly of Grewia asiatica